And we're back!

Main Menu

Rush Limbaugh as a potential NFL owner

Started by CountDeMoney, October 10, 2009, 05:51:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfred russel

Quote from: ulmont on October 12, 2009, 12:19:05 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 12, 2009, 11:11:33 AM
I'm talking about the city. I was under the impression both teams played outside the city.

I was under the impression both "NY" teams played outside the state.

They play in New Jersey, but for understandable reasons want to pretend that is not the case.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

alfred russel

Quote from: Vince on October 10, 2009, 11:05:10 PM
I look forward to Rush blasting NFL Total Access as part of the Liberal Media the next time Deion Sanders badmouths the Rams.

The Rams would become the team of dittoheads and other assorted members of the VRWC.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)

sbr

QuoteProminent blacks are already lining up against Limbaugh, including the Revs. Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton.

So Michael Vick, who tortured, abused and killed dogs, was convicted of a felony and served 2 years at Leavenworth not only deserved, but had some kind of God-Given right to play in the NFL; but Rush Limbaugh (who I can't stand FWIW) shouldn't even be able to be a minority owner in the league?  What A crock of shit, not that is new coming from those two.

Rush should have every right in the world to enter a bid to buy a team; the other 31 owners should have every right in the world to tell him to pack sand and not let him to so.

KRonn

This will be entertaining, no matter how it turns out for Limbaugh being a part owner. Not sure I care either way though. There seem to be worse team owners anyway.

Valmy

I have to say despite me enjoying the dog and pony show it would be ridiculous for the NFL to block Limbaugh from being part owner simply because he says things that insult most of the players.  If being a repulsive human being was a disqualifier for being a NFL owner we would have to force 3/4 of the owners in the league to sell.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Berkut

Why hasn't Obama stepped in to mediate this potentially violent dispute?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Valmy

Quote from: Berkut on October 14, 2009, 08:39:33 AM

What do you want him to do?  Pass a law that requires NFL owners to be Democrats?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Caliga

Who will be seated opposite Limbaugh for Beer Summit II?  :huh:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Berkut

Quote from: Valmy on October 14, 2009, 08:42:50 AM

What do you want him to do?  Pass a law that requires NFL owners to be Democrats?

He should invite everyone involved over to the White House for a beer, and to check out his new Nobel Peace Prize.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

KRonn

Really! He needs to do more to earn his Nobel Prize.

Valmy

Quote from: Berkut on October 14, 2009, 08:45:14 AM
He should invite everyone involved over to the White House for a beer, and to check out his new Nobel Peace Prize.

Oh yeah I had forgotten about the beer summit.  He should earn that Nobel Peace Prize.  I want a pic of he and Limbaugh shaking hands.

Grey Fox

Will Obama have to pay taxes on the nobel money prize?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

alfred russel

Quote from: sbr on October 13, 2009, 09:46:30 PM
QuoteProminent blacks are already lining up against Limbaugh, including the Revs. Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton.

So Michael Vick, who tortured, abused and killed dogs, was convicted of a felony and served 2 years at Leavenworth not only deserved, but had some kind of God-Given right to play in the NFL; but Rush Limbaugh (who I can't stand FWIW) shouldn't even be able to be a minority owner in the league?  What A crock of shit, not that is new coming from those two.

Rush should have every right in the world to enter a bid to buy a team; the other 31 owners should have every right in the world to tell him to pack sand and not let him to so.

Apples and oranges--Mike Vick wouldn't be accepted as an owner either. Not just because he is a convicted felon, but also because he is bankrupt and these teams tend to be pricey.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: alfred russel on October 14, 2009, 09:04:11 AM
Apples and oranges--Mike Vick wouldn't be accepted as an owner either. Not just because he is a convicted felon, but also because he is bankrupt and these teams tend to be pricey.

And his nickname is "Oogie".  How country.

derspiess

Quote from: Caliga on October 14, 2009, 08:43:25 AM
Who will be seated opposite Limbaugh for Beer Summit II?  :huh:

Donovan McNabb :contract:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall