And we're back!

Main Menu

Rush Limbaugh as a potential NFL owner

Started by CountDeMoney, October 10, 2009, 05:51:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Syt

Speaking of L.A. teams of the past, I always stifle a chuckle when young Turks or other tough guy wannabes wear Raiders apparel, because they think it makes them badass. :lol:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

grumbler

Quote from: Neil on October 11, 2009, 01:54:00 PM
Quote from: grumbler on October 11, 2009, 01:50:39 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on October 10, 2009, 10:45:56 PM
My dad who's from St. Louis is really pissed.  Maybe Limbaugh will buy the Rams and move them to his home town down in Cape.
It isn't like the LA Rams belong in St Louis anyway.
If not St. Louis, then where do they belong?
They shopuld be homeless Gypsies, wandering the countryside and playing wherever people will let them.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

My dad who's from St. Louis is really pissed.  Maybe Limbaugh will buy the Rams and move them to his home town down in Cape.

Behind the Detroit Lions, the Cleveland Browns and a Jamaican Bobsled team?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Neil

Quote from: grumbler on October 11, 2009, 02:25:21 PM
They shopuld be homeless Gypsies, wandering the countryside and playing wherever people will let them.
That's not what pro football teams do.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: grumbler on October 11, 2009, 02:25:21 PM

More like the wandering actors of Hamlet, reenacting Brady's protection story, lost on everyone except the commissioner.

AnchorClanker

I thought he was more of a baseball guy... good to see him broadening his horizons.
The final wisdom of life requires not the annulment of incongruity but the achievement of serenity within and above it.  - Reinhold Niebuhr

Berkut

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 11, 2009, 01:57:20 PM
Quote from: derspiess on October 11, 2009, 01:53:51 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 11, 2009, 01:53:04 PM
Does LA still not have an NFL team?  :lol:

Nope, nor do they deserve one.

They can do like New York and adopt the Chargers.

New York has 2 NFL teams. You can tell because they are both called "New York <something>".

If you are talking about the state, they have three.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Eddie Teach

Quote from: AnchorClanker on October 12, 2009, 11:02:40 AM
I thought he was more of a baseball guy... good to see him broadening his horizons.

That brings up a question- would owning an NFL team result in greater or lesser sensitivity toward black people?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Berkut on October 12, 2009, 11:05:56 AM
New York has 2 NFL teams. You can tell because they are both called "New York <something>".

If you are talking about the state, they have three.

I'm talking about the city. I was under the impression both teams played outside the city.

Considering how close San Diego and LA are to each other and how well developed the corridor between them is, it's not that much of a stretch to call them a single metro area.

Berkut

I don't think New Yorkers adopting say the New York Giants is quite the same thing as Los Angelines adopting the San Diego Chargers.

0 rows returned

Valmy

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 12, 2009, 11:11:33 AM
I'm talking about the city. I was under the impression both teams played outside the city.

So?  The Cowboys play in Arlington and the Redskins play in Landover. :mellow:

Did Dallas and Washington 'adopt' those teams also?  :huh:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

:lol:

I made the comment about adopting the Chargers in less than complete sincerity. -_-

Berkut

Buffalo doesn't even play in Buffalo.

I wonder how many NFL teams actually play within the city limits of their actual city?

The Niners do not.
The Cards do not.
Redskins don't.
Neither NYC team does.

Those are the ones I can think of in about 60 seconds. I am sure there are many more.

0 rows returned