News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Rush Limbaugh as a potential NFL owner

Started by CountDeMoney, October 10, 2009, 05:51:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking

Why are the talking about the NFL when he belongs in the WWE?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Caliga

Quote from: derspiess on October 14, 2009, 09:10:09 AM
Donovan McNabb :contract:
:lol: If Obama can make those two best buds, he does deserve the Peace Prize.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

derspiess

Quote from: Caliga on October 14, 2009, 09:23:30 AM
Quote from: derspiess on October 14, 2009, 09:10:09 AM
Donovan McNabb :contract:
:lol: If Obama can make those two best buds, he does deserve the Peace Prize.

Given all McNabb's injuries & Rush's addiction, I'm sure they'll be able to trade notes on painkillers.  That's at least something to talk about.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Vince

Quote from: Valmy on October 14, 2009, 08:42:50 AM
Quote from: Berkut on October 14, 2009, 08:39:33 AM
Why hasn't Obama stepped in to mediate this potentially violent dispute?

What do you want him to do?  Pass a law that requires NFL owners to be Democrats?

Actually the Rams have been the biggest supporters of the Democrats of any NFL franchise for the last 20 years.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/peter_king/10/11/week5/4.html#ixzz0TjRsbQKN

So this is obviously an evil conservative plot by Rush to deny Missouri Democrats a long standing dependable source of funds.   :tinfoil:

PRC

Doesn't Jay Z own a part of the New Jersey Nets NBA team?  Where was the outrage when he became an owner as i'm sure some of his lyrics are as incendiary as Limbaugh's comments about McNabb.

KRonn

Rush Limbaugh will help manage the team's ownership, with half his brain tied behind his back!    ;)

Valmy

Quote from: PRC on October 14, 2009, 10:40:05 AM
Doesn't Jay Z own a part of the New Jersey Nets NBA team?  Where was the outrage when he became an owner as i'm sure some of his lyrics are as incendiary as Limbaugh's comments about McNabb.

Well the controversy here is the players are pissed off at Limbaugh so the Player's Union is raising a stink.  So the question you should ask yourself is if the NBA players are going to bothered by Jay Z's lyrics and you have your answer.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

katmai

The point is moot, as the group trying to buy Rams gave Rush the boot.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Valmy

Quote from: katmai on October 14, 2009, 08:36:15 PM

Yeah that is sorta sad.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on October 14, 2009, 08:52:07 PM

Yeah that is sorta sad.

No, not really.

KRonn

I guess Limbaugh is looking to take legal action against those who spread untrue stuff about what he's said. No idea if he has any case for libel. But I guess much of it is supposedly not true, according to at least some people who have tried to find any documentation on some of what he reportedly said. Again, I don't care much either way, but it may get more entertaining.

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 14, 2009, 08:52:53 PM

Yeah that is sorta sad.

No, not really.
Well, not really.  Then again, the NFL deserves the humiliation.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

sbr

Quote from: Neil on October 14, 2009, 09:17:01 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 14, 2009, 08:52:53 PM

Yeah that is sorta sad.

No, not really.
Well, not really.  Then again, the NFL deserves the humiliation.

How was the NFL humiliated?

Valmy

Quote from: KRonn on October 14, 2009, 09:09:41 PM
I guess Limbaugh is looking to take legal action against those who spread untrue stuff about what he's said.

Well the thing that got the players pissed was the thing he said on TV about McNabb...kind of hard to deny that one.