News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri Complete - Cheap ?

Started by Armyknife, October 09, 2009, 07:34:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armyknife

Maybe of interest to some here, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri Complete edition seems to be available for around 4GBP, USD$6-7 at the moment on several UK retailers sites like amazon:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001RIYNF2/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&seller=

Darth Wagtaros

That is better than the 80 it was going for on Amazon a while back.
PDH!

BuddhaRhubarb

:p

grumbler

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on October 11, 2009, 01:17:22 PM
:wub: such a great game.
It really was.  One of the few games that I literally just played out (played until I couldn't think of a single thing new to do).  Wonder movies FTW!
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Camerus

I've never played it.  Is it a game that would still be enjoyable after 10 years, or would one mostly just play it now for the nostalgia value?

Darth Wagtaros

I still play it every now and then. The movies alone are pretty kick ass.
PDH!

barkdreg

Still a great game. If I see it in a store i'll buy it. Nevrr played the expansion and would really like to play it.

Grinning_Colossus

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on October 11, 2009, 01:17:22 PM
:wub: such a great game.

Sure, until the planet wipes out all your sea bases with stacks of 50 mind worms.  :frusty:
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

Lucidor

Quote from: Pitiful Pathos on October 11, 2009, 09:38:46 PM
I've never played it.  Is it a game that would still be enjoyable after 10 years, or would one mostly just play it now for the nostalgia value?
The atmosphere is still wonderful. Have they done anything to raise the resolution?

Darth Wagtaros

Don't think Firaxis has touched it in many years.  I wish they would have.  Civ3 was trash.  AC2 would be awesome.
PDH!

Lucidor

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on October 12, 2009, 01:09:51 PM
Don't think Firaxis has touched it in many years.  I wish they would have.  Civ3 was trash.  AC2 would be awesome.
I googled and there seems to be a config edit that works for people.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Vince

We won't see SMAC 2 while EA still has the rights.

Tamas

it is not complete yet but you guys should really try Planetfall, the AC mod for CIV4:BtS