Martinus

There is a follow up to the story at CNN:

QuoteHusband shot soccer mom as she chatted on webcam

Story Highlights
Police: Meleanie Hain shot by husband, Scott, in Pennsylvania home
He then shot himself to death, police said
Friend heard gunshots over webcam, saw Scott Hain firing
Meleanie Hain brought loaded gun to daughter's soccer game in 2008
(CNN) -- A Pennsylvania soccer mom was chatting with a friend via webcam when she was shot to death by her husband, who then went upstairs and shot himself, police said Friday.

Meleanie Hain, 31, made national headlines last year as the mother who carried a loaded, holstered handgun to her 5-year-old daughter's soccer game.

She was found dead in her Lebanon, Pennsylvania, home along with her husband, Scott Hain, 33, on Wednesday evening, Lebanon police said.

Hain was in her kitchen talking with a friend via webcam just before her death, police said. Watch why Hain caused controversy »

The friend, who police will not name, was looking away from the computer screen when he heard a shot and a scream, police said. He turned back to the monitor, he told police, and no longer saw Meleanie Hain but instead saw Scott Hain firing several rounds from a handgun toward where his wife had been.

Police said that the woman's body had already fallen to the floor by the time the friend turned back to the screen.

Scott Hain then went upstairs to a bedroom, where he shot himself in the head with a 12-gauge shotgun, police said.

Meleanie Hain was shot several times with a 9 mm handgun, police said. Her fully loaded 9 mm handgun was found in her backpack hanging on the back of the front door.

The couple's three children were home at the time of the killings, police Capt. Daniel Wright said. They were unharmed and took refuge at a neighbor's house before police arrived, he said.

Investigators have confiscated the webcam and computer, but cannot review what the friend says he saw because the online conversation was not recorded.

The death of the couple came four months after Meleanie Hain told her attorney she was separating from her husband, her attorney, Matthew B. Weisberg, told CNN Thursday. However, police said the couple still appeared to be living together.

Meleanie Hain drew media attention on September 11, 2008, when she carried a Glock strapped to her belt to her daughter's soccer game.

Nine days later her permit to carry a gun was revoked by Lebanon County Sheriff Michael DeLeo, who claimed she showed poor judgment by wearing the weapon to a child's game. County Judge Robert Eby later reinstated the permit.

If we say all gun owners are crazy, only crazy people will own guns. :(

Martinus

Martinus

Anyway, if homes are more dangerous than outdoors, does it mean Raz lives the most precarious, on-the-edge life of us all?

CountDeMoney

CountDeMoney

Here's another winner:

QuoteFlorida man mistook fiancee for robber, shot and killed her 1 day before wedding

On the eve of his wedding, a Florida man heard a burglar in his home, grabbed a gun and opened fire.

Tragically, the supposed intruder turned out to be his live-in fiancée - who died in front of him.

It happened about 2:30 a.m. Friday while John Tabutt, 62, was in bed at his Winter Springs home. He heard a suspicious noise and saw a figure in the dark hallway.

Thinking his girlfriend, Nancy Dinsmore, was still in bed, he pulled the trigger on his .38-caliber revolver - then collapsed in sobs when he realized she was the one prowling the house.

"I thought I had an intruder in the house," a moaning Tabutt told a 911 operator, according to the Orlando Sentinel.

"Honest to God, she looks dead," he said between sobs.

At one point, he thought he saw his fiancée take a breath.

"Hang in there, honey. Hang in there," he was heard telling her.

"We were supposed to get married. Get married this Saturday," Tabutt told the dispatcher.

Dinsmore was pronounced dead minutes after paramedics arrived.

"Right now, everything points to a tragic accident," Police Chief Kevin Brunell said, adding that investigators were awaiting forensic results.

Dinsmore's daughter said she had no hard feelings towards Tabutt.

"It was a terrible accident," Helene Dinsmore, 39, told the Daily News.

"They were a loving couple looking forward to their future. My mother had found love again after losing my father, [whom] she was married to for 36 years. She was able to go on with her life, and I was very proud of her for that."

The victim had retired from a telephone company after 30 years. She loved to read, travel and spend time with her family, relatives said.

The couple had lived together for nearly a year, but had been close for much longer, relatives said.

In the days before her scheduled wedding, Dinsmore was giddy.

"Two days and counting ... all is going well ... the roses for my table arrangements came in and the color is perrrrrrrrrrfect. ... " she wrote in a message posted Thursday on Facebook.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

Valmy

Wow you would see a shadow in your house and just open fire without checking to see if your fiancee had gotten up to go to the bathroom or something?  What a fucking psycho.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Martinus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 10, 2009, 05:59:22 PM
Here's another winner:

QuoteFlorida man mistook fiancee for robber, shot and killed her 1 day before wedding

On the eve of his wedding, a Florida man heard a burglar in his home, grabbed a gun and opened fire.

Tragically, the supposed intruder turned out to be his live-in fiancée - who died in front of him.

It happened about 2:30 a.m. Friday while John Tabutt, 62, was in bed at his Winter Springs home. He heard a suspicious noise and saw a figure in the dark hallway.

Thinking his girlfriend, Nancy Dinsmore, was still in bed, he pulled the trigger on his .38-caliber revolver - then collapsed in sobs when he realized she was the one prowling the house.

"I thought I had an intruder in the house," a moaning Tabutt told a 911 operator, according to the Orlando Sentinel.

"Honest to God, she looks dead," he said between sobs.

At one point, he thought he saw his fiancée take a breath.

"Hang in there, honey. Hang in there," he was heard telling her.

"We were supposed to get married. Get married this Saturday," Tabutt told the dispatcher.

Dinsmore was pronounced dead minutes after paramedics arrived.

"Right now, everything points to a tragic accident," Police Chief Kevin Brunell said, adding that investigators were awaiting forensic results.

Dinsmore's daughter said she had no hard feelings towards Tabutt.

"It was a terrible accident," Helene Dinsmore, 39, told the Daily News.

"They were a loving couple looking forward to their future. My mother had found love again after losing my father, [whom] she was married to for 36 years. She was able to go on with her life, and I was very proud of her for that."

The victim had retired from a telephone company after 30 years. She loved to read, travel and spend time with her family, relatives said.

The couple had lived together for nearly a year, but had been close for much longer, relatives said.

In the days before her scheduled wedding, Dinsmore was giddy.

"Two days and counting ... all is going well ... the roses for my table arrangements came in and the color is perrrrrrrrrrfect. ... " she wrote in a message posted Thursday on Facebook.

Well, his home is his castle. He just went Henry VIII on her ass.

Martinus

Quote from: Valmy on October 10, 2009, 11:14:49 PM
Wow you would see a shadow in your house and just open fire without checking to see if your fiancee had gotten up to go to the bathroom or something?  What a fucking psycho.

Not checking to see if this is his fiancee makes him a moron, not a psycho. What makes him a psycho, is opening fire on anyone in his house, without checking if they are armed and dangerous (and not just, say, a homeless person or whatever).

Stories like this warm my pink-commie-Euro-liberal bleeding heart.  :cool:

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Martinus on October 11, 2009, 04:03:41 AM
Well, his home is his castle. He just went Henry VIII on her ass.

In any other state, he'd be investigated for coming up with a not-so-subtle case for murder.  But it's Florida, so he gets a pass.

OttoVonBismarck

Masturbation is a lot safer than actual intercourse but I don't see anyone advocating we stop fucking.

Guns are cool and it doesn't matter who they hurt, just like cars and ATVs and booze.

garbon

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on October 11, 2009, 12:14:44 PM
Guns are cool and it doesn't matter who they hurt, just like cars and ATVs and booze.

Not really.  For most people cars and alcohol* have useful purposes but not so much on the gun front.  I mean, most people aren't even sport hunters.

*Have you ever been to a dinner party that didn't have alcohol? :x
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

OttoVonBismarck

Quote from: garbon on October 11, 2009, 12:37:36 PM
Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on October 11, 2009, 12:14:44 PM

Not really.  For most people cars and alcohol* have useful purposes but not so much on the gun front.  I mean, most people aren't even sport hunters.

*Have you ever been to a dinner party that didn't have alcohol? :x

ATVs are purely recreational and are incredibly dangerous.  Children often play on them and parents often leave the keys in the ignition, resulting in many deaths.  Parents are also inexplicably much more permissive with ATV use than they are with cars.  It is totally common in rural and even many suburban areas (at least in the South) for parents to let their kids go off rampaging in the forest with ATVs recklessly, they flip and break their necks. 

Alcohol is purely recreational and one of the greatest killers in human history.

I'm an advocate of ATV ownership, booze drinking, and guns, and I recognize all three serve little day-to-day practical purpose and are purely recreational.

garbon

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on October 11, 2009, 12:59:12 PM
ATVs are purely recreational and are incredibly dangerous.  Children often play on them and parents often leave the keys in the ignition, resulting in many deaths.  Parents are also inexplicably much more permissive with ATV use than they are with cars.  It is totally common in rural and even many suburban areas (at least in the South) for parents to let their kids go off rampaging in the forest with ATVs recklessly, they flip and break their necks.

You missed my point, I think ATVs should be banned as well.

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on October 11, 2009, 12:59:12 PMAlcohol is purely recreational and one of the greatest killers in human history.

That may be the case, but I'd still suggest that it is a necessary evil.  After all, I'm not sure the nation of Britain would be able to function at all, if it were banned. :o

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on October 11, 2009, 12:59:12 PMI'm an advocate of ATV ownership, booze drinking, and guns, and I recognize all three serve little day-to-day practical purpose and are purely recreational.
Ok?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.