News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Home more dangerous than soccer, apparently

Started by Berkut, October 09, 2009, 12:08:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OttoVonBismarck

Guns are a necessary evil.  How will organized criminals enforce discipline without guns?  How will men shoot their wives if not for guns?  To reduce us to using the implements of our prehistoric ancestors is foolhardy.

OttoVonBismarck

You'd also probably be surprised to hear that there are probably more gun owners in America than there are habitual drinkers.  America actually has a large swathe of the population who rarely drinks at all.  It's one of the major differences between the U.S. and most Euro countries that isn't often brought up.

garbon

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on October 11, 2009, 01:21:29 PM
You'd also probably be surprised to hear that there are probably more gun owners in America than there are habitual drinkers.  America actually has a large swathe of the population who rarely drinks at all.  It's one of the major differences between the U.S. and most Euro countries that isn't often brought up.

I was talking about civilized America, naturally. :rolleyes:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

OttoVonBismarck

I must admit that I find it virtually impossible to relate to a non-drinker as a human being.

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!