Hank Pym
2 (6.1%)
The Wasp
3 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Ideologue

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on October 10, 2009, 02:11:22 PM
Quote from: The Larch on October 10, 2009, 12:26:38 AM
A similar poll can be done about the Ultimates version.  ;)

Hawkeye would win that one. though I do like Cannibal Hulk.

How the fuck do you kill somebody by flicking your fingernails?  That was kinda retarded.

I liked Ultimate Thor, though.  Hippie Thor was entertainment.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Ideologue on October 10, 2009, 02:49:56 PM
How the fuck do you kill somebody by flicking your fingernails? 

Use The Force.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Neil

Quote from: Ideologue on October 10, 2009, 02:48:38 PM
Rogers was the idiot.  Superhumans ought to be registered, so they can be sued, and also because people with superhuman abilities but without basic safety training should not be allowed to use their abilities, some of which are potentially genocidal in their application.  The state has a compelling interest in such legislation, and it's hardly a fascist move by the government to ask people who could wipe out cities on accident get a license.
Why would superhumans want to be sued?

At any rate, we saw that the Act was utterly flawed.  The registered superhumans were organized into state-run military units, and then used to enforce the totalitarian wet dreams of the administration.  Anyone who would not serve was imprisoned in the Negative Zone, which would be unconstitutional.  Moreover, we've seen the future of superhuman registration, in the form of the dystopias that Cable and Bishop came from.  The future of superhuman registration is a concentration camp for mutants.

Ultimately, you can't license people.
QuoteRogers decided armed insurrection would be a better idea than trusting the courts or the democratic process.  This is Captain America?
It's the American way.  There are some rights that Americans believe in that trump the democratic process.  As for the court system, it's not to be trusted, especially when you're above the law.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: Ideologue on October 10, 2009, 02:48:38 PM
Quote from: Neil on October 09, 2009, 01:43:31 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on October 09, 2009, 12:54:57 PM
Sadly for Mark Millar, all the biased writing in the world didn't occlude the fact that Stark was right, and Bill Foster deserved to die.
Stark was an idiot.  Not only did he throw himself behind populist drivel, but he also put America's SPB population into the hands of Norman Osborn.
Rogers was the idiot.  Superhumans ought to be registered, so they can be sued, and also because people with superhuman abilities but without basic safety training should not be allowed to use their abilities, some of which are potentially genocidal in their application.  The state has a compelling interest in such legislation, and it's hardly a fascist move by the government to ask people who could wipe out cities on accident get a license.

Rogers decided armed insurrection would be a better idea than trusting the courts or the democratic process.  This is Captain America?

Bah :bleeding: Superheroes and reality are mutually exclusive.
:p

BuddhaRhubarb

How the fuck do you kill somebody by flicking your fingernails?  That was kinda retarded.

Bullseye does it all the time. Hawkeye is simply the Ultimate version of Bulsleye. In the Ulti-verse Bulleye is a "hero".

you need to stop applying "reality" to comic books.

PRC

The cool thing about Captain America is that he isn't a super-hero... he's a super-soldier.  'Nuff said!

Ideologue

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on October 10, 2009, 11:40:05 PM

Bullseye does it all the time. Hawkeye is simply the Ultimate version of Bulsleye. In the Ulti-verse Bulleye is a "hero".

Reality, I don't.  Plausibility?  All the time.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: Ideologue on October 11, 2009, 03:45:08 AM
Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on October 10, 2009, 11:40:05 PM

Reality, I don't.  Plausibility?  All the time.

:picardfacepalm:

sure... it's just a comic book. either you like it or you don't.

Ideologue

Well, yes, ultimately. :huh:

I just didn't think that part was that cool.  Maybe next time he should garrot them with his uncoiled pubic hairs.
Kinemalogue

BuddhaRhubarb

sure...  Lots of FAILs in the Ultimate line. That's why they killed almost all the mutants and rebooted basically the whole thing. :mellow: