4 (12.1%)
Hank Pym
2 (6.1%)
The Wasp
3 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 33

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 09, 2009, 12:41:30 AM
Well, Bruce Wayne's affability is a front, but I'll bow to your wisdom on Stark/Iron Man, as I've only seen the movie once and never seen him elsewhere.

Movie Stark has pretty much the same basis as Comics Stark, but he's not so damned charming in the comics- he's a power-hungry, weapons-mongering alcoholic with serious teamwork issues and the occasional delusion of grandeur. Oh, and recent plot lines have had him addicted to cheese crackers to an extent where Jarvis has to keep hiding them from Tony. :D
Experience bij!

Josquius

I've never heard of Hank or The Wasp.
Hulk sucked and has always sucked.
Captain America is too patriotardish.
Thor..I've heard a lot of him but have never read any comics and the whole idea of him is a bit silly.
Iron Man was a cool film so that.
██████
██████
██████

Sophie Scholl

"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Neil

Quote from: DontSayBanana on October 09, 2009, 12:23:07 AM
Legend has it that Tony Stark was created when Stan Lee dared himself to try marketing a character nobody should be able to sympathize with.
He certainly hasn't come off well in recent years, what with the whole Civil War and the martyrdom of Captain America.  Tony Stark and Carol Danvers didn't come off very well at all.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Quote from: Brazen on October 09, 2009, 08:35:35 AM
Quote from: Scipio on October 08, 2009, 02:42:09 PM
Emma Peel.
:thumbsup:
He has a point.  The show wasn't the same with Tara, although John Steed was still the epitome of manliness.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Pedrito

b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Ideologue

Quote from: Neil on October 09, 2009, 08:33:31 AM
Quote from: DontSayBanana on October 09, 2009, 12:23:07 AM
Legend has it that Tony Stark was created when Stan Lee dared himself to try marketing a character nobody should be able to sympathize with.
He certainly hasn't come off well in recent years, what with the whole Civil War and the martyrdom of Captain America.  Tony Stark and Carol Danvers didn't come off very well at all.

Sadly for Mark Millar, all the biased writing in the world didn't occlude the fact that Stark was right, and Bill Foster deserved to die.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

BuddhaRhubarb

Despite my supposed Anti-USA stance, I've always been a big fan of Cap.

Iron Man and Thor would be 2 & 3 kind of interchangeably depending on who's writing and or drawing them.

Iron man is best when he's off the wagon imo.
:p

Neil

Quote from: Ideologue on October 09, 2009, 12:54:57 PM
Sadly for Mark Millar, all the biased writing in the world didn't occlude the fact that Stark was right, and Bill Foster deserved to die.
Stark was an idiot.  Not only did he throw himself behind populist drivel, but he also put America's SPB population into the hands of Norman Osborn.

Rasputin

Who is John Galt?

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

The Larch

A similar poll can be done about the Ultimates version.  ;)

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: The Larch on October 10, 2009, 12:26:38 AM
A similar poll can be done about the Ultimates version.  ;)

Hawkeye would win that one. though I do like Cannibal Hulk.
:p

Ideologue

Quote from: Neil on October 09, 2009, 01:43:31 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on October 09, 2009, 12:54:57 PM
Stark was an idiot.  Not only did he throw himself behind populist drivel, but he also put America's SPB population into the hands of Norman Osborn.
Rogers was the idiot.  Superhumans ought to be registered, so they can be sued, and also because people with superhuman abilities but without basic safety training should not be allowed to use their abilities, some of which are potentially genocidal in their application.  The state has a compelling interest in such legislation, and it's hardly a fascist move by the government to ask people who could wipe out cities on accident get a license.

Rogers decided armed insurrection would be a better idea than trusting the courts or the democratic process.  This is Captain America?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)