Which municipality in the world has the largest % of native Swedish speakers?

Started by Slargos, October 08, 2009, 06:46:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slargos

You would assume it would be somewhere in Sweden, right?

Well you would be mistaken.

It is, infact, the municipality of Korsnäs, Finland.

MAKE OF THIS WHAT YOU WILL, UNBELIEVERS.

Josquius

Finns are hicks who hate foreigners?

I'm not sure I believe vyou though, wiking this place shows only 91.2% Swedish....
And thats one hilariously tiny municipality....
██████
██████
██████

Slargos

Well, I guess it's all in how you present reality.  :D

I got the factoid off SVT. Though given their track record for the truth, it might well be a lie.

With 91% native swedish speakers they would be way ahead of the curve, anyway.  :P

Razgovory

Why would anyone care?  It's like asking what town has the largest percentage of Swahili speakers.  The average first worlder is not going to run in to either.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Brazen

Richard Hakluyt

I suppose it doesn't really matter which language Finns choose to use not to speak to each other with  :huh:

KRonn

Hmm.. looks like Finland is being assimilated into the Greater Swedish Cooperative sphere.    :cool:

Razgovory

Quote from: KRonn on October 08, 2009, 07:58:15 AM
Hmm.. looks like Finland is being assimilated into the Greater Swedish Cooperative sphere.    :cool:

I didn't think Sweden assimilated anything.  I thought they just fled to Norway and cried.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ape

Slargos

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on October 08, 2009, 07:55:23 AM
I suppose it doesn't really matter which language Finns choose to use not to speak to each other with  :huh:

Funny guy.  :P

There are actually still regions in Finland where the first language is Swedish.

Duque de Bragança

After all, the official name of the country is still Suomi FINLAND (Perkele) if needed...
According to Impaled Nazarene at least  :lol:

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Slargos

Quote from: The Brain on October 08, 2009, 12:15:10 PM
Slarg hates Finnish people. Film at 11.

I don't hate Finnish people.

They are like a less intelligent, but much more cunning cousin.

Their womenfolk are in my experience great in the sack, and their menfolk make excellent fodder in the meatgrinders of the Karelian forests.  :P

Barrister

I find it hard to believe that every single community in all of Sweden has 10%+ of it's population unable to speak Swedish.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

The Brain

Quote from: Slargos on October 08, 2009, 12:21:40 PM
Quote from: The Brain on October 08, 2009, 12:15:10 PM
Slarg hates Finnish people. Film at 11.

I don't hate Finnish people.

They are like a less intelligent, but much more cunning cousin.

Their womenfolk are in my experience great in the sack, and their menfolk make excellent fodder in the meatgrinders of the Karelian forests.  :P

My über-soldier relative fought in three wars against the Reds. :wub:

Oh, and he also fought in wars against the Czar and Hitler.  :)
Women want me. Men want to be with me.