Which municipality in the world has the largest % of native Swedish speakers?

Started by Slargos, October 08, 2009, 06:46:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Quote from: Barrister on October 08, 2009, 12:25:01 PM
I find it hard to believe that every single community in all of Sweden has 10%+ of it's population unable to speak Swedish.

Elaborate.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Barrister

Quote from: The Brain on October 08, 2009, 12:29:22 PM
I find it hard to believe that every single community in all of Sweden has 10%+ of it's population unable to speak Swedish.

Elaborate.

If slargy's factoid is true (that the town in Finland with 91% on its population speaking Swedish is the highest percentage in the world), then every single community in Sweden must have less than 91% Swedish speakers.  I find that extremely unlikely.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Slargos

That is not the message. I said native speakers. IE people whose first language is Swedish. I guess I could've been more clear.

And I can't really vouch for the numbers, I just saw a programme on swedish public television about swedish dialects which made the claim.

I don't doubt it though. With 18% of the total population being foreigners.

The Brain

Quote from: Barrister on October 08, 2009, 12:31:48 PM
Quote from: The Brain on October 08, 2009, 12:29:22 PM

Elaborate.

If slargy's factoid is true (that the town in Finland with 91% on its population speaking Swedish is the highest percentage in the world), then every single community in Sweden must have less than 91% Swedish speakers.  I find that extremely unlikely.

Do you read case files with the same attention to detail?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Slargos

Regardless, Tyr's numbers are off.

According to a finnish site it's 96% not 91% which moves from me finding the claim probable to being certain.

Barrister

Quote from: Slargos on October 08, 2009, 12:35:18 PM

According to a finnish site it's 96% not 91% which moves from me finding the claim probable to being certain.

:yeahright:

You may have 18% of the population being foreigners, but that population is not evenly distributed throughout every community.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Slargos

Quote from: Barrister on October 08, 2009, 12:37:39 PM
Quote from: Slargos on October 08, 2009, 12:35:18 PM

:yeahright:

You may have 18% of the population being foreigners, but that population is not evenly distributed throughout every community.

10 years ago, I would've perhaps agreed with your critique, but these days you can't find a city, hamlet, in-house, out-house or dog-house that isn't infested with mudpeople.  :P