Anyone else looking forward to Dragon Age? (Spoilers and plot discussion here)

Started by Berkut, October 06, 2009, 08:40:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grallon

Last night Morrigan made her 'offer' - which I turned down - and now I've come to the last battle.  We have passed the main gate and the alienage... 

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Jaron

Quote from: Judas Iscariot on November 24, 2009, 05:07:22 AM
Holy crapsicles!  Leliana is all kinds of jealous of Morrigan after we had a late night in my tent.  Damn!  I think I like Leliana more too.  Argh!

Just finished the Elf recruitment storyline.  I sided with the werewolves.  I'm kind of pissed I offed the one guy's wife before realizing I could cure her.  Also, I can't wait to be high enough level to rock my shiny new Juggernaut armor.

Minor Spoiler:

You can't cure her. If you don't kill her, she'll attack and force you to put her down. If you ignore her completely until the quest line is done, she just won't be there anymore. :(
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Grallon

"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Grallon

~Jean-François Revel

Queequeg

Damn it. 

Steam charged me twice after I accidentally forgot a detail on my card the first time
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Jaron on November 24, 2009, 08:57:35 AM
Quote from: Judas Iscariot on November 24, 2009, 05:07:22 AM
Holy crapsicles!  Leliana is all kinds of jealous of Morrigan after we had a late night in my tent.  Damn!  I think I like Leliana more too.  Argh!

Just finished the Elf recruitment storyline.  I sided with the werewolves.  I'm kind of pissed I offed the one guy's wife before realizing I could cure her.  Also, I can't wait to be high enough level to rock my shiny new Juggernaut armor.

Minor Spoiler:

You can't cure her. If you don't kill her, she'll attack and force you to put her down. If you ignore her completely until the quest line is done, she just won't be there anymore. :(
Ah, I feel better now.  Thanks J. :)
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Queequeg

Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Grallon

I completed the game...  Since I had confined Anora into a dungeon there was no wedding for Alistair; and since I turned down Morrigan's offer one of us had to sacrifice himself.  allistir wanted to do it but I simply could not allow him to die.  So I killed the Archdemon and died.

Where the fuck was that 3rd warden who was supposed to make the killing blow and die from the taint!?  <_<

It's over *sigh*

G.

~Jean-François Revel

Martinus

Quote from: Grallon on November 24, 2009, 10:20:40 PM
I completed the game...  Since I had confined Anora into a dungeon there was no wedding for Alistair; and since I turned down Morrigan's offer one of us had to sacrifice himself.  allistir wanted to do it but I simply could not allow him to die.  So I killed the Archdemon and died.

Where the fuck was that 3rd warden who was supposed to make the killing blow and die from the taint!?  <_<

It's over *sigh*

G.

SPOILER:

Errr, he dies while bringing the arch demon down to the ground. Don't you watch the cutscenes?

Jaron

Quote from: Martinus on November 25, 2009, 02:22:32 AM
Quote from: Grallon on November 24, 2009, 10:20:40 PM

It's over *sigh*

G.

SPOILER:

Errr, he dies while bringing the arch demon down to the ground. Don't you watch the cutscenes?

OMG YOU RUINS IT FOR ME!
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Caliga

Quote from: Queequeg on November 24, 2009, 07:50:11 PM
The ogre is surprisingly tough.
He can easily be kited, WoW-style.  That's true of most single-enemy boss battles.  Have your tank draw aggro and then just run around in circles.  Lame and unrealistic, but it works.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on November 25, 2009, 06:29:34 AM
He can easily be kited, WoW-style.  That's true of most single-enemy boss battles.  Have your tank draw aggro and then just run around in circles.  Lame and unrealistic, but it works.

Might be realistic...Ogres are sorta dense...

Actually in the old infinity Engine games every enemy would head straight for the mage so running the mage in circles was almost a required tactic :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Caliga

That often happens to my main (mage) and Morrigan due to the massive aggro they typically draw.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points