Anyone else looking forward to Dragon Age? (Spoilers and plot discussion here)

Started by Berkut, October 06, 2009, 08:40:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

I found the spirit form to be incredibly useful for opening a battle.  You just have to use its crushing prison ability, then follow up with a quick ice spell before switching to another form.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Martinus

Quote from: Grallon on November 11, 2009, 07:46:48 AM

I had the same - when he asks you if *you* have tried to lick lamposts in winter - you can answer "I love licking lamposts, and then some"...  Can this be any more suggestive than that?  And yet Bioware made him a female only love interest.   <_< :bash:

yeah, that's what I answered. He is a damn cocktease. :P

Btw, I kicked Morrigan out and now have a goody-two-shoes party of the bard chick, Wynne and Alistair. I heard there is a convo between Alistair and Wynne, when she gives him the "birds and bees" talk. Can't wait to hear that. Also can't wait to get Zevran - gonna kick out the bard chick when he joins, I guess.

I'm now after the mage part and going back with them to Redcliffe to help the kid. I think I missed one or more notes for the side quests in the tower.

Martinus

Quote from: Grallon on November 11, 2009, 08:18:50 AM
I'm lost in the Fade with my first character - I can't get to the second hub.  I keep going in circles between portals and mouse holes.  I have mouse and spirit forms aquired but not the other 2.  It's partly out of frustration over this I rolled the other toons.

G.

you can't do it without first completing the others. It's more complex then that. Start with either the burning tower or the mage place. Once you get the forms from there go to the templar and the abomination place.

Martinus

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 11, 2009, 10:41:53 AM
Marti,

Spoiler alert,  Spoiler alert!!!!

The mass battle is dead easy.  All you need to do is lead groups of bad guys back up to where the Knights are up the hill.  Kill them off then go back for the next group that gathered while you were away.  This becomes even easier if you have mages that can cast the various mass sleep and disorient spells

I know. I just like to do all side quests. I'm OCD. :P

Martinus

Also, I wish there was an option to turn off permanent spell effects graphics. I guess it is cool in combat, but looks kinda weird if during a dialogue your character looks like a meth-induced vision of a garish Christmas tree.

Martinus

Quote from: Valmy on November 11, 2009, 11:22:57 AM
Yeah it took me awhile to figure out the spirit door thing.

Make sure to explore every possible location as there are many permanent stat boosts.

Martinus

Zevran just got sent to meet me. :D

Spoiler for grallon

Apparently you can fuck Zevran quite early on after you meet him but he will consider it a one-night-stand. However if you continue to improve relationship with him after that, you may form a long term relationship eventually. Talk about realism. :D

Edit: I met him. He got the job after he mentioned "12 kinds of massage" as one of his skills. :P

Martinus

Btw, listen to the dorf in your camp's gossips (it is NOT infinite). Some are quite funny. :D

crazy canuck

Quote from: Cecil on November 11, 2009, 01:33:10 PM
The spirit form is probably the least useful form. You need it yes but only in 2 places total.

I disagree.  I am pretty sure there are a couple stat boosts you can only see in spirit form.  Also the spirit cage is awesome.  Cast that, then regen, then change form into fire or golem as needed.  All the battles are very easy once you figure out how to play to your opponents weakness.

Habbaku

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 11, 2009, 07:32:19 PM
Quote from: Cecil on November 11, 2009, 01:33:10 PM
The spirit form is probably the least useful form. You need it yes but only in 2 places total.

I disagree.  I am pretty sure there are a couple stat boosts you can only see in spirit form.  Also the spirit cage is awesome.  Cast that, then regen, then change form into fire or golem as needed.  All the battles are very easy once you figure out how to play to your opponents weakness.

:contract:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Neil

Quote from: Grallon on November 11, 2009, 08:00:03 AM
:lol:  Still kuddos for them to have that element at all in their games.  I think they're the only game publisher that do that; and there is some progression too.  Jade Empire had a gay romance that ended with a (fade to black) kiss - this one has actual sex in it.  So the next game should be fully "open''.
Actually, EA isn't entirely comfortable with that, so the next game will probably be about the same, or maybe even retract a bit.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Grey Fox

We really are in a post feminist world when I go around killing monsters & other viles creatures with a team of 3 women & a dwarf.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Caliga

So, it took me till the battle for Redcliffe to discover that the tactics system sucks.  :lol:

We set up the fire barricade and Alistair and Sten thought it would be a good idea to stand IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FUCKING FIRE and wait to be attacked. :bleeding:

I shall now be controlling all of my characters, all of the time.

MORAL OF THE STORY:  Never delegate management tasks. -_-
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Martinus

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 12, 2009, 08:17:40 AM
We really are in a post feminist world when I go around killing monsters & other viles creatures with a team of 3 women & a dwarf.

My team involves a gay elf couple, a feminazi atheist witch with intimacy issues and a ex-templar male virgin.

Grallon

Quote from: Caliga on November 12, 2009, 08:20:37 AM
So, it took me till the battle for Redcliffe to discover that the tactics system sucks.  :lol:

We set up the fire barricade and Alistair and Sten thought it would be a good idea to stand IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FUCKING FIRE and wait to be attacked. :bleeding:

I shall now be controlling all of my characters, all of the time.

MORAL OF THE STORY:  Never delegate management tasks. -_-

http://daforums.bioware.com/viewtopic.html?topic=707098&forum=135
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel