Anyone else looking forward to Dragon Age? (Spoilers and plot discussion here)

Started by Berkut, October 06, 2009, 08:40:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cecil

Quote from: grumbler on November 04, 2009, 11:15:01 AM
Quote from: Cecil on November 04, 2009, 11:06:14 AM

A good summary of whats wrong with todays gaming....well one of the bigger things anyhow. If someone sets the game on the hardest difficulty then dies once the game is broken....eh?
I don't see how this follows.

QuoteI totally gets what Yathzee is saying when he rants about regenerative health bars in shooters, games are getting too dumbed down.
I think he (like you) protesteth too much.  Regeneration, I am sure, makes sense in many circumstances/games where the gameplay would be crippled by the need to hunt down healing stations (or whatever), and health potions or whatever make sense I other circumstances.  The only thing "dumbed down" in this debate is those debaters who insist any position not in accordance with their personal references is "dumbed down."

The "realism" argument is so laughable that it deserves no response.

Did I mention realism anywhere...do tell?

As for the rest. No.

Tamas

Quote from: Martinus on November 04, 2009, 11:22:08 AM
Can anyone tell me if the storyline in the console version is somehow truncated or simplified compared to the PC version or are the differences only "mechanical"?

I am pretty sure you can have gay sex in the xbox version as well

Faeelin

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on November 04, 2009, 11:30:58 AM
Quote from: Cecil on November 04, 2009, 11:06:14 AMI totally gets what Yathzee is saying when he rants about regenerative health bars in shooters, games are getting too dumbed down.

Yeah, I could never really get in to CoD4 multiplayer because of this.  Not a fan of regenerative health in FPS.

Eh, I think it makes more sense in multiplayer. Why let some guy who comes along get a frag by scavenging?

crazy canuck

I only played through the mage intro and found it interesting - although I had a bit of trouble understanding all the voice acting.

Is there a way to turn down the blood when I get there?

Valmy

Quote from: katmai on November 03, 2009, 03:57:10 PM
:huh:
there shouldn't be, i had to decrypt and then install it.

Huh yeah it went smoothly last night.  I played it like crazy...this game is awesome it is like crack or something.  I will be playing this one for a long time.  As good as advertised!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: katmai on November 03, 2009, 04:06:26 PM
only thing i noticed so far was the character i created with the standalone creator didn't match up exactly visually upon import, also i haven't looked to find out about the item suppose to get with the CE edition.

Yeah I got this to work by clicking previous and next with the character a couple times and *poof* it went back to the character as I designed.

It was weird though.

Oh and you download the DLC right on the main game menu.  Again sometimes you have to quit the game and re-enter it to get it to install right.  A few annoying but easily solvable glitches in the early going here.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on November 03, 2009, 03:45:33 PM
Not sure if this was already mentioned, but just found out one piece of info that sold me on that game. :P

There is a bi male elven rogue you can romance.

I'm so in. :P

I knew this would bring you in :P

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

grumbler

Quote from: Cecil on November 04, 2009, 11:43:38 AM
Do I say you mention realism any where... do tell?

QuoteAs for the rest. No.
I didn't think so!  :lol:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Tamas

Quote from: grumbler on November 04, 2009, 02:43:09 PM
Quote from: Cecil on November 04, 2009, 11:43:38 AM
Do I say you mention realism any where... do tell?

QuoteAs for the rest. No.
I didn't think so!  :lol:

Please stop right here. Thank you.

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Scipio

Just turn off the persistent gore.

Me likey.  Human rogue.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

crazy canuck

I have played both a human mage and high caste dwarven warrior.  I like it!

Did anyone notice the blood. :D

Monoriu

A miracle happened - for I played the game last night :cry: