Anyone else looking forward to Dragon Age? (Spoilers and plot discussion here)

Started by Berkut, October 06, 2009, 08:40:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Steam also provided a pre-load option which I just noticed early this morning.  Not sure if it was always there or whether they just added it.  It was probably always there and I just didnt notice it.  Anyway it should be downloaded by now.

MadImmortalMan

Frankly, I hope this game is a blockbuster because the industry needs to see a successful RPG. They seem to have basically forgotten the genre exists the last couple years.

I'd love a Kotor 3.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Valmy

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on November 03, 2009, 12:30:52 PM
I'd love a Kotor 3.

You will have to settle with loving it in MMORPG form.

In other words you will get it as soon as Blizzard makes Warcraft 4.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

katmai

Mine was downloaded Sun, but until about 10 mins ago It was "encrypted".
At 9am local time it's now decrypting and should have it up and running in about 15-20 mins.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

katmai

Game is installed, see you guys in a few days.

Valmy

Quote from: katmai on November 03, 2009, 01:20:35 PM
At 9am local time it's now decrypting and should have it up and running in about 15-20 mins.

I did the "preload" I just have a feeling there is more to be loaded tonight.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Martinus

Not sure if this was already mentioned, but just found out one piece of info that sold me on that game. :P

There is a bi male elven rogue you can romance.

I'm so in. :P

katmai

Quote from: Valmy on November 03, 2009, 02:05:40 PM
Quote from: katmai on November 03, 2009, 01:20:35 PM

I did the "preload" I just have a feeling there is more to be loaded tonight.

:huh:
there shouldn't be, i had to decrypt and then install it.

Caliga

Quote from: Martinus on November 03, 2009, 03:45:33 PM
Not sure if this was already mentioned, but just found out one piece of info that sold me on that game. :P

There is a bi male elven rogue you can romance.

I'm so in. :P
You should have expected that, as homosexual romances have been available in all Bioware games as far back as BG2.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

katmai

Quick review-
So far so good, just starting the back story for my Dalish rogue (no marcin, he isn't bi), game looks pretty nice (have it on max settings at 1920x1080)
only thing i noticed so far was the character i created with the standalone creator didn't match up exactly visually upon import, also i haven't looked to find out about the item suppose to get with the CE edition.

katmai

update to the update-

shockingly the bioware servers are overloaded meaning i can't redeem the codes for the CE bonus stuff yet :lol:

Neil: help a brutha out! :P

Razgovory

Quote from: Caliga on November 03, 2009, 09:16:28 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on November 03, 2009, 08:00:56 AM
Game reviews are essentially worthless.
Correct.

I just remember I read the Review of Bioshock on Gamespot where they refered to the game as a "Homage" to Ayn Rand :lol:  Almost every aspect was attack on her ideology.  The whole game was "Galt's Gulch underwater where everyone is turned into a monster and John Galt an utter failure on every level"
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on November 03, 2009, 12:30:52 PM
Frankly, I hope this game is a blockbuster because the industry needs to see a successful RPG. They seem to have basically forgotten the genre exists the last couple years.

I'd love a Kotor 3.

Me too.  Fallout was a huge shot in the arm for the RPG industry when it was released.  Hopefully this will do the same.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Caliga

Quote from: Razgovory on November 03, 2009, 04:35:07 PM
I just remember I read the Review of Bioshock on Gamespot where they refered to the game as a "Homage" to Ayn Rand :lol:  Almost every aspect was attack on her ideology.  The whole game was "Galt's Gulch underwater where everyone is turned into a monster and John Galt an utter failure on every level"
I think the takeaway here is that Objectivism just doesn't work when the wrong people try it.  People living on the bottom of the ocean, for example.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points