Anyone else looking forward to Dragon Age? (Spoilers and plot discussion here)

Started by Berkut, October 06, 2009, 08:40:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faeelin

Quote from: Valmy on November 02, 2009, 05:25:51 PM
Worshipful IGN review: http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/104/1040976p1.html

After the way the entire industry sucked Creative's cock over Empire, I'll wait to hear from players.

Jaron

Quote from: katmai on November 03, 2009, 02:24:19 AM
Quote from: Judas Iscariot on November 03, 2009, 01:47:32 AM
Pfft... I'll just get it for the 360.  Same place I played KotOR I and II as well as the recently downloaded Jade Empire for old times sake.

I thought about picking it up 360 style (as i did with Kotors and Mass Effect), but figured i'd rather have the PC version as it has that toolset so user created content will be possible ala oblivion

Most user created content is crap made so perverts like grumbler can walk around in baseball jerseys and ass chaps.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

katmai

Quote from: Jaron on November 03, 2009, 03:11:48 AM

Most user created content is crap made so perverts like grumbler can walk around in baseball jerseys and ass chaps.

and...?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Cerr

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Berkut

Quote from: Caliga on November 03, 2009, 09:16:28 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on November 03, 2009, 08:00:56 AM
Game reviews are essentially worthless.
Correct.

Not at all correct.

They can be very useful. I have often been more or less interested in a game based on a review. Not so much the "rating" part of it, but the insight into the mechanics.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Caliga

I tend to glean that information from user reviews, though you're correct in that the professional reviews typically comment on that.  I just don't trust the professional reviewers at all.  I mean, the Eurogamer review that Cerr posted spent the entire time trashing Dragon Age, yet still gave it an 8/10.  :huh:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Berkut

Quote from: Caliga on November 03, 2009, 09:25:10 AM
I tend to glean that information from user reviews, though you're correct in that the professional reviews typically comment on that.  I just don't trust the professional reviewers at all.  I mean, the Eurogamer review that Cerr posted spent the entire time trashing Dragon Age, yet still gave it an 8/10.  :huh:

I would agree that you cannot take reviews at face value, and like I said, the "rating" is largely meaningless.

I was just disagreeing with the claim that reviews are "worthless". They are not at all worthless. They just often do not have the worth the writer intended.

0 rows returned

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 03, 2009, 10:30:08 AM
So, who's got it?

For some retarded reason my download from EA will not be available until NOON today instead of becoming available at midnight last night...so instead of downloading all day so I can play tonight I will be downloading all night.

I don't get that decision by EA but it is only a minor inconvenience.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

crazy canuck

Quote from: Cerr on November 03, 2009, 06:11:04 AM
Quote from: Faeelin on November 03, 2009, 02:51:51 AM
Quote from: Valmy on November 02, 2009, 05:25:51 PM
Worshipful IGN review: http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/104/1040976p1.html

After the way the entire industry sucked Creative's cock over Empire, I'll wait to hear from players.

Here's a more critical review:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/dragon-age-origins-review

executive summary: well built indepth game that doesnt give instant gratification for the crowd that needs to level up or be given some enhancement every 30 seconds of play.  Sounds good to me.

Berkut

You know what I learned from that 8/10 review?

That playing on Normal difficulty will be fine. See, not worthless at all!

0 rows returned

Cecil

Game is hard and long according to reviewers which in these days were a SP game experience is considered to be adequate at 10 hours and challenging if you almost die once is something of a rarity. Combined with excellent storytelling and well.......fap fap fap fap..... :)