Anyone else looking forward to Dragon Age? (Spoilers and plot discussion here)

Started by Berkut, October 06, 2009, 08:40:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DisturbedPervert

The only thing that bothers me is the way they're selling it.  Depending on what store you buy it from or who you preorder from you get several different exclusive items that people with other version don't get.  Hopefully since it has an editor someone will rip all the items out and distribute them as a mod soon after release.

They're also releasing the first mission pack on release day for $7.  I wish they would just release a proper full expansion in say six months instead of this Xbox Live style crap.

Slargos

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on October 18, 2009, 03:41:14 PM
The only thing that bothers me is the way they're selling it.  Depending on what store you buy it from or who you preorder from you get several different exclusive items that people with other version don't get.  Hopefully since it has an editor someone will rip all the items out and distribute them as a mod soon after release.

They're also releasing the first mission pack on release day for $7.  I wish they would just release a proper full expansion in say six months instead of this Xbox Live style crap.

The exclusive items and units are generally pointless fluff anyway.

Releasing a "mission pack" is hilarity though.

I wonder if in a few years we'll be paying $0.50 extra for stuff like colour over black and white.

DisturbedPervert

Oblivion on the 360 charged people money for a set of pretty armor for your horse.   :lol:

Slargos

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on October 18, 2009, 03:57:39 PM
Oblivion on the 360 charged people money for a set of pretty armor for your horse.   :lol:

Yeah, I noticed you can get the blood spatter effect from Dragon Age on your Armour in Mass Effect if you pre order or something like that.

It's getting ridonkulous.

Neil

Quote from: Faeelin on October 18, 2009, 03:04:12 PM
I dunno, I have a hard time caring. I'm kind of tired of fantasy RPGs, at least fantasy that's Tolkien. Why not Jade empire 2?
Because nobody bought Jade Empire.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Quote from: Slargos on October 18, 2009, 03:11:38 PM
After watching the City Elf tube, I'm pretty much hooked.

For once they have the balls to bring some originality to the table.
Yeah.  They really put a lot of work into the setting.  I remember going over a 40-page document of history, demographics, cultural information and other background, before I got married.  It's amazing how long it's been in development.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

grumbler

I want to like this, but I am not sure if I want to pause the game as much as seems necessary.  I think I have moved from the Gottahaveit camp to the Letsseewhatpeoplesay camp.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Valmy

Quote from: grumbler on October 18, 2009, 10:12:57 PM
I want to like this, but I am not sure if I want to pause the game as much as seems necessary.  I think I have moved from the Gottahaveit camp to the Letsseewhatpeoplesay camp.

What level of pausing do you deem too much?  Just let me know once I get the game and I will let you know roughly what to expect if it is at a BG2 level or above.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

grumbler

Quote from: Valmy on October 18, 2009, 10:24:14 PM
What level of pausing do you deem too much?  Just let me know once I get the game and I will let you know roughly what to expect if it is at a BG2 level or above.
The level we saw in the playthrough (so much that it breaks immersion) is too much.  If I have to pause every few seconds in a fight to see who needs a healing potion or spell, I will pass on the game (unless combat is so rare that the pause-happiness of combat is tolerable).
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Valmy

Quote from: grumbler on October 19, 2009, 09:26:09 AM
The level we saw in the playthrough (so much that it breaks immersion) is too much.  If I have to pause every few seconds in a fight to see who needs a healing potion or spell, I will pass on the game (unless combat is so rare that the pause-happiness of combat is tolerable).

Alright I will let you know how it plays.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Syt

I like to pause a lot and often. Did that in BG, did that in KotOR. So I don't mind this. I'd be more worried if there were not enough pausing options.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

crazy canuck

If the game is designed to need frequent pauses then I am less interested.

Valmy

Quote from: crazy canuck on October 19, 2009, 10:45:44 AM

Did you not enjoy KOTOR or BG2?  Those games required you to pause from time to time.  I guess if you have never liked Bioware games I wonder why you would be interested in the first place.

saskganesh

I am in the pause happy camp. All we need now are some hexes.
humans were created in their own image

crazy canuck

Quote from: Valmy on October 19, 2009, 10:48:18 AM
Quote from: crazy canuck on October 19, 2009, 10:45:44 AM

Did you not enjoy KOTOR or BG2?  Those games required you to pause from time to time.  I guess if you have never liked Bioware games I wonder why you would be interested in the first place.

I played the first BG and I tried my best not to pause at all.  I havent played KOTOR or BG2.

If what you are saying is that I need to pause a bunch in order to make the appropriate actions then I guess I will pass on this.