Anyone else looking forward to Dragon Age? (Spoilers and plot discussion here)

Started by Berkut, October 06, 2009, 08:40:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on October 06, 2009, 05:08:47 PM
I was looking forward to it until I saw the trailers.  Now I'll consider getting it after player reviews stating that it doesn't suck ass.

I am curious what exactly in the trailers made you think it is going to suck ass.  I have seen most of the trailers so I am not sure what you are babbling about.  The gameplay trailers I have seen look pretty good.

Individualized intro stories...NPCs...long story and involved plot written by proven writers...a return to more challenging tactical combat...a branching class tree...

Sounds good to me.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Winkelried on October 06, 2009, 03:26:56 PM
Major improvements, huh? When developers say things like that I always wonder if I should be happy that the end product will be better or worried because it needed major improvements to begin with.

If you have any concerns wait around a bit and see what people think about it.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on October 06, 2009, 09:50:28 AM
:huh: Wasn't Mass Effect a Bioware product?  ME was definitely better than "merely 'pretty good'". :)

Mass Effect was awesome except the combat was just not as satisfying as BG...the same with KOTOR.  To me this looks like a return to what worked in the past.

katmai

It has Neil taint on it, so no!

Nah most likely i will pick it up.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: Valmy on October 06, 2009, 05:30:00 PM
I am curious what exactly in the trailers made you think it is going to suck ass.  I have seen most of the trailers so I am not sure what you are babbling about.  The gameplay trailers I have seen look pretty good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LdXJLzI9wo&feature=related

This and other trailers don't exactly fill me with confidence that this is going to be the spiritual successor to Baldur's Gate rather than something aimed at Xboxtards.  Hopefully it's just EA's marketing team

Jaron

UTTER CRAP.

And Marilyn Manson? Give me a fucking break.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Tamas

Quote from: Jaron on October 07, 2009, 04:36:42 AM
UTTER CRAP.

All I need from you is one simple decision over at AMF. FFS get it done. :ultra:

Jaron

Quote from: Tamas on October 07, 2009, 04:39:01 AM
Quote from: Jaron on October 07, 2009, 04:36:42 AM
UTTER CRAP.

All I need from you is one simple decision over at AMF. FFS get it done. :ultra:

I pass.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Valmy

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on October 06, 2009, 06:49:30 PM
Quote from: Valmy on October 06, 2009, 05:30:00 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LdXJLzI9wo&feature=related

This and other trailers don't exactly fill me with confidence that this is going to be the spiritual successor to Baldur's Gate rather than something aimed at Xboxtards.  Hopefully it's just EA's marketing team

It's just the marketing team.  Like the crap when Interplay tried to market PS:T as a game where you get to have sex with HOTT demon chicks.

But I am getting it at release so I will let all you know how it is if you need a player review before you get it.

Since the PC version of the game was done awhile back, and we have been waiting for the console version for months, there is even a review of the finished game out there already.

http://gameinformer.com/games/dragon_age_origins/b/pc/archive/2009/10/05/review.aspx

Neil

I remember the night that we first got a look at that video.  It was poker night, and everybody was pretty unhappy with it.  EA Marketing  is made out of fail.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

saskganesh

I won't be buying it, but I am interested what people will be saying about, esp. Valmy.

anyhow, there are a couple of BG-style (w. isomorphic views and actual hand-drawn maps) PC indy games in the works that have taken 5 years plus to make. but unlike Dragon Age, I don't know if any of them will be ever finished.
humans were created in their own image

Habbaku

Quote from: saskganesh on October 08, 2009, 01:33:28 PM
anyhow, there are a couple of BG-style (w. isomorphic views and actual hand-drawn maps) PC indy games in the works that have taken 5 years plus to make.

Such as?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

saskganesh

there's a czech one called Inquisitor  (where you torture people as part of the plot) and another one which is fantasy post apocalyptic. can't find my bookmarks atm. I am sure there's more.
humans were created in their own image

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Caliga on October 06, 2009, 12:07:59 PM
Also, Jade Empire was definitely better than 'pretty good'.  The "evil" ending was the most satisfying CRPG ending ever.  :menace:
Word yo.
PDH!

Scipio

Dragon Age character generator is now available from Bioware for download.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt