Texas puts online last words of over 300 executed criminals

Started by Syt, October 02, 2009, 10:04:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/stat/executedoffenders.htm

I like the one from Clifford Philips:
http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/stat/phillipscliffordlast.htm
QuoteI want to express my feelings regarding the mishap of the deceased Mrs. Iris Siff. That was a very unfortunate incident and only God knows why it was an unintentional situation that took place. I want to express my remorse to the family and the discomfort and pain I caused in their lives. Only God will determine if I am truly guilty or innocent of being the type of person I have been drawn up to be by the press and media. I have given my wife the power and energy to be a disciple of Islam. I rescued her from a wretched life in Ireland. I thank Allah for sending her to me. Certainly murder cannot be an instrument of Allah. My wife is very devoted.

Starts all  :bowler: only to catch you off foot and suddenly go  :osama:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/stat/hicksdavidlast.htm
QuoteHey, how y'all doing out there? I done lost my voice. Y'all be strong now, alright? Don, thanks man. I love you, Gloria, always baby. That's all I got to say. Hey, don't y'all worry about me, okay?
:lol:

The crime is ... interesting:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

C.C.R.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

C.C.R.

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on October 02, 2009, 10:25:16 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 02, 2009, 10:14:21 AM
That's just sick Syt.
Notice that out of all of them that's the one the Kraut picked out.

To be fair, the guy in question just raped & killed his grandmother -- since he didn't eat her I don't find Syt's German-ness germaine to the topic...

:P

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

DGuller

How desperate do you have to be to turn to your 87-yeard old grandma?

Syt

The site makes an interesting read. Some moving addresses. Many placing their fate in God's hand. Quite a few claiming their innocence or speaking out against death penalty (surprisingly), while others seek forgeiveness and admit they deserve this. Others try to handle the situation with some humour or defiance.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Caliga

Quote from: DGuller on October 02, 2009, 10:30:16 AM
How desperate do you have to be to turn to your 87-yeard old grandma?
You probably have to be insane rather than desperate.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Berkut

Damn, this stuff is fascinating, and rather terrifying.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Caliga

Are the statements from black dudes full of words they made up as they went along?  Cause they'll do that, yup.

"I am definitatively a victim of discrimonition."  :(
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

QuoteUh, I don't know, Um, I don't know what to say.  I don't know.  (pauses)  I didn't know anybody was there.  Howdy.

Last words of James Clark, Rapist and murder.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

Haven't read through all of them yet.  Do any of them say "F U Jaron"?  :unsure:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall