The 2016 Olympics Coming To The New World ?

Started by Armyknife, October 01, 2009, 07:16:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Sheilbh

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 01, 2009, 07:42:54 PM
Rio would be cool.  I don't know how the athletes are going to compete without their kidneys though.
:huh:

I'm all for Rio.  Great city and it should easier for them because they're hosting the World Cup in 2014, so the Rio stadiums will be all nice and renovated.
Let's bomb Russia!

Alatriste

Quote from: Sheilbh on October 02, 2009, 06:11:57 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 01, 2009, 07:42:54 PM
Rio would be cool.  I don't know how the athletes are going to compete without their kidneys though.
:huh:

I'm all for Rio.  Great city and it should easier for them because they're hosting the World Cup in 2014, so the Rio stadiums will be all nice and renovated.

Really? I think actually that could work against Rio...

Caliga

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 02, 2009, 05:41:27 AM
You mean -ski, Douchbagski.
:rolleyes: It's often written both ways.  In fact, I've known people named both Sikorsky and Sikorski.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Agelastus

Quote from: Alatriste on October 02, 2009, 05:04:29 AM
Tokyo... well, only 8 years after Beijing? Again, I don't think they have got many chances. Personally I would love to see how would the Japanese organize them (high jump for robots under 20 tons? ;) ) but I don't see it happening any time soon.

The Daily Telegraph has images of all four cities - three of them show the plans advanced for the games site with computer generated images. The Tokyo picture is a city view as Tokyo is now - with the recently completed life size model of the RX-78 Gundam occupying about a fifth of the view! :lol:
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Agelastus on October 02, 2009, 10:10:26 AM
Quote from: Alatriste on October 02, 2009, 05:04:29 AM
Tokyo... well, only 8 years after Beijing? Again, I don't think they have got many chances. Personally I would love to see how would the Japanese organize them (high jump for robots under 20 tons? ;) ) but I don't see it happening any time soon.

The Daily Telegraph has images of all four cities - three of them show the plans advanced for the games site with computer generated images. The Tokyo picture is a city view as Tokyo is now - with the recently completed life size model of the RX-78 Gundam occupying about a fifth of the view! :lol:
Link?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

C.C.R.

Quote from: Caliga on October 02, 2009, 07:57:27 AM
:rolleyes: It's often written both ways.  In fact, I've known people named both Sikorsky and Sikorski.

Probably just depends on who was working at Immigration the day their ancestors got off The Boat...

Barrister

Quote from: Caliga on October 02, 2009, 05:39:32 AM
If it's Chicago, the opening ceremonies will feature tons of old guys with potbellies and surnames ending in -sky.  :(

:ultra: :ultra: :ultra: :ultra: :ultra:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Barrister

Quote from: Caliga on October 02, 2009, 07:57:27 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 02, 2009, 05:41:27 AM
You mean -ski, Douchbagski.

It does work both ways.  I have relatives who spell the same name with a -ski.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Barrister on October 02, 2009, 10:14:55 AM
Quote from: Caliga on October 02, 2009, 05:39:32 AM
If it's Chicago, the opening ceremonies will feature tons of old guys with potbellies and surnames ending in -sky.  :(

:ultra: :ultra: :ultra: :ultra: :ultra:

Ukes.  :rolleyes:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

charliebear

I just read breaking news that Chicago has been eliminated.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Maximus

Typically I've seen Ukrainians spell it -sky and Poles -ski, but that is by no means universal.

Savonarola

Quote from: charliebear on October 02, 2009, 10:31:08 AM
I just read breaking news that Chicago has been eliminated.

Obama has been outmaneuvered again.   :(
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Liep

It's Madrid, Samaranch has spoken. When a president through 20 years begs on his life that the games come to his country, the game will come to his country.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk