News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2010 Could Easily Be Disastrous For Democrats

Started by jimmy olsen, October 01, 2009, 02:37:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Hiring cops?  That must be pretty unpopular in San Francisco.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

dps

Quote from: Martinus on October 01, 2009, 03:36:12 PM
To the opponents of Obama's health care plan: how do you propose to address the fact that a portion of the American population has no health care and can't get one because they are unemployed, can't afford one and/or cannot get one due to an existing illness (e.g. people suffering from HIV)?

Or is this not a concern to you?

Why do you think a portion of Americans have no health care?

garbon

Quote from: Neil on October 01, 2009, 07:04:31 PM
Hiring cops?  That must be pretty unpopular in San Francisco.

Unsure. Our cops don't do much. After all, we allow public nudity and in certain areas/days allow public sex.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tonitrus

Jaron

Quote from: dps on October 01, 2009, 07:07:06 PM
To the opponents of Obama's health care plan: how do you propose to address the fact that a portion of the American population has no health care and can't get one because they are unemployed, can't afford one and/or cannot get one due to an existing illness (e.g. people suffering from HIV)?

No money. :(
Winner of THE grumbler point.

dps

Quote from: Jaron on October 01, 2009, 08:57:19 PM

Wasn't asking you.

Jaron

Quote from: dps on October 01, 2009, 11:08:17 PM

Wasn't asking you.

You got your answer anyways, bitch.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Berkut

Quote from: Martinus on October 01, 2009, 03:52:13 PM
If you find nothing wrong in the fact that people die of curable illnesses in the richest and most scientifically developed nation on Earth, then I don't really have anything to say.

You proceed from a false assumption.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

dps

Quote from: Jaron on October 01, 2009, 11:24:46 PM
Quote from: dps on October 01, 2009, 11:08:17 PM

Wasn't asking you.

You got your answer anyways, bitch.

I got jackshit, 'cause that's all you got to offer.

Fate

It's because they're lazy and aren't trying hard enough.  :rolleyes:

There's always the emergency room. And Derspiess' charity. Clearly the most cost effective solutions.

Admiral Yi

Zoupa

The whole bullshit "protestant anglo saxons give lots to charity, so it's just as good!" always make me laugh.

I'm sure derspiess gives lots and lots to charities that help the healthcare of poorer americans  :lol:

Gimme a break. You probably give 50 bucks a year to some crap pet project you care about and then proceed to feel all good about yourself.

Strix

Quote from: Jaron on October 01, 2009, 03:57:39 PM
Quote from: Strix on October 01, 2009, 03:49:48 PM
Quote from: Jaron on October 01, 2009, 03:48:47 PM
Is it your position that citizens of our great republic should have no responsibility to one anothers well being?

Should they?

Yes.

We are countrymen.

We are not total strangers living in isolation in a confined space.

Should we help our fellow citizens, yes. Should we be responsible for them, no. The choice to help my neighbor or not help my neighbor is a personal one, and not one that should be decided for me by the government.

I am guessing that you are a follower of the ideal that our country should be about equal outcomes and not equal rights.
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Warspite

QuoteShould we help our fellow citizens, yes. Should we be responsible for them, no. The choice to help my neighbor or not help my neighbor is a personal one, and not one that should be decided for me by the government.

Do you apply that logic to the provision of universal education?
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Caliga

Quote from: Zoupa on October 02, 2009, 12:02:41 AM
The whole bullshit "protestant anglo saxons give lots to charity, so it's just as good!" always make me laugh.

I'm sure derspiess gives lots and lots to charities that help the healthcare of poorer americans  :lol:

Gimme a break. You probably give 50 bucks a year to some crap pet project you care about and then proceed to feel all good about yourself.
Princesca and I give money to NPR and are in the Red Cross.  I've also volunteered for Habitat for Humanity in the past, but I stopped that after I saw several of the properties post-construction and what the ungrateful trash had done to them. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points