News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by The Brain, March 10, 2009, 12:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Hot chick covering 7 nation army now, accent is sexy as fuck
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: sbr on May 11, 2016, 09:52:07 PM
Quote from: Savonarola on April 25, 2016, 01:06:59 PM
Mötley Crüe - Shout at the Devil (album)(1983)

Every bit as gleefully stupid and over the top as I remembered.  A lot of people who wrote stupid lyrics (The Ramones, Redd Kross, The Beastie Boys) did so intentionally there's a certain  ;) ;) characteristic to their music.  Mötley Crüe works because Nikki Sixx doesn't seem to realize what he's writing is monumentally stupid (and, as a bonus for them, neither did Tipper Gore.)  That would come back to bite them on their next album (Theater of Pain) when he tried to write political (Fight for your Rights) or sentimental (Home Sweet Home) in largely the same voice.  Here, though, where every song is about sex, violence and the devil; Nikki's vision is near perfect.

You can go fuck yourself right to hell.  I am listening to Mötley Crüe's Greatest Hits (17 tracks!!) and it is as good as it ever was.

You were probably a Duran Duran fan.  :rolleyes:

:face:

Harsh!

The only transition I can think of now, is a great Swedish black metal act covering a classic:

Marduk - Glorification of the Black God

Eddie Teach

Duran Duran's 90s stuff was pretty great.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

All Saints - Make U Love Me
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 19, 2016, 08:56:22 AM

Their music videos were unstoppable, but with the exception of Rio I'm hard pressed to think of a song of theirs I'd call pretty great.

Eddie Teach

Come Undone
Ordinary World
The alt numbers, not the huge hits
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Brezel

Jackson Browne - Late for the sky

Jacob

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 20, 2016, 05:30:52 PM

Their music videos were unstoppable, but with the exception of Rio I'm hard pressed to think of a song of theirs I'd call pretty great.

Not a fan of Hungry Like the Wolf or Wild Boys?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Jacob on May 20, 2016, 07:34:49 PM
Not a fan of Hungry Like the Wolf or Wild Boys?

Not at the level of pretty great for Hungry Like the Wolf.

Wild Boys I can't place.

garbon

Rob Base & DJ EZ Rock - It Takes Two
Whitney Houston - I Wanna Dance with Somebody
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

A collection of video game music pieces performed by the Swedish Radio Symphony Orchestra ft Sabina Zweiacker. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PkdLMIz-Ys
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Barrister

Is this a typo, since they're famous as being almost the definitive 80s band?  They're 1990s material was reportedly pretty terrible (though for some reason I liked Electric Barbarella).
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

mongers

Quote from: Barrister on May 27, 2016, 04:34:00 PM

Is this a typo, since they're famous as being almost the definitive 80s band?  They're 1990s material was reportedly pretty terrible (though for some reason I liked Electric Barbarella).

He was talking about the drugs that they then could afford.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

garbon