News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL Week 4

Started by Admiral Yi, September 29, 2009, 06:40:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

QuotePatriots cornerback hurt while running for police help

Police in North Attleboro, Mass., are investigating a weekend incident at the home of New England Patriots cornerback Jonathan Wilhite that resulted in his suffering a minor injury.

Police said Tuesday that officers responded to a call from Wilhite on Sunday morning concerning suspicious activity. Wilhite told police that two people were in the parking lot outside his residence when he arrived home, and one approached and yelled at him.

Wilhite said he ran to a convenience store where he asked the clerk to call police. Wilhite told police he pulled his groin while running.

The cornerback missed Sunday's game. His status for this week's game with the Ravens is unknown.

CountDeMoney

QuoteThe Eagles released quarterback Jeff Garcia.

They will pay.

CountDeMoney

QuoteSTEELERS: Coach Mike Tomlin said he might deactivate wide receiver Limas Sweed for Sunday night's game with the Chargers.

Why not, he hasn't been playing for 2 years.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: sbr on September 29, 2009, 09:10:26 PM
Perfect, you can see the official blow the whistle before the snap this time.

You are wrong, and you know it.

sbr

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 30, 2009, 05:42:00 AM

Did you watch the Youtube click I found?  If not I will dig it up again after work. :)

Neil

I was informed by the NFL's VP Officiating that it's not when the ref blows the whistle, but rather when he WANTS to blow the whistle that counts.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: sbr on September 30, 2009, 08:28:29 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 30, 2009, 05:42:00 AM

Did you watch the Youtube click I found?  If not I will dig it up again after work. :)

I watched the game, douchebag.  Your doctored YouTube footage is irrelevant.

But don't worry, vengeance is a'coming Sunday. 

And I looked, and behold a purple jersey: and the number upon it was 52, and Hell followed with him.

Strix

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 30, 2009, 05:41:05 AM
QuoteSTEELERS: Coach Mike Tomlin said he might deactivate wide receiver Limas Sweed for Sunday night's game with the Chargers.

Why not, he hasn't been playing for 2 years.

The OL wouldn't be such an issue if they hadn't wasted picks on Mendenhall and Sweed.
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Alcibiades

According to my last game of madden, the Ravens will win 24-14, with Brady having a big game.  The turning point is a Ray Lewis one handed interception on the patriots 30 to put them up by 10, and with 2 minutes to go in the 4th Suggs injures Brady on 4th and inches to seal the game.  :cheers:

Edit:  He gives Brady an upper arm fracture - 4 weeks.   
:worthy:
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Neil

Week 1:  10-6
Week 2:  11-5 (8-8 vs. the spread)
Week 3:  7-9 (6-10)

Sunday:
Lions (-10.5) @ Bears - So, the Lions have their first win, which is good and all that.  The Bears defence is superior to the Redskins, and their offence infinitely more capable.  Detroit can play without humiliating themselves, but they make mistakes that the opportunistic Bears should take advantage of.  The Bears have determination, and that counts for a lot, helps you win the games you're supposed to win.  I don't think Detroit will cover.

Bengals @ Browns (-5.5) - The Bengals have come out and are surprisingly average.  The Browns, on the other hand, are terrible.  The only thing that might give me pause is that every once in a while Derek Anderson has a game where he set the world on fire.  However, with Jamal Lewis' injury taking the power out of the Browns' running game, the weakness of their defence and the fact that Mangini seems to be retarded and weak on the sideline, I think the Bengals should be able to handle this.  The Browns will not cover.

Raiders (-9) @ Texans - The Raider offence is an immovable object, while the Texans defence couldn't stop the most stoppable force imagineable.  However, the Texans can score, which gives them the edge over a so-so Raider defence.  The Raiders shouldn't cover.

Seahawks (-9) @ Colts - Manning might be at the height of his powers right now.  As for the Seahawks, even if their kicker hadn't failed them, their defence let Jay Cutler and the Bears back into it.  Manning will score points, and then the Colts defence will pin their ears back and victimize Seneca Wallace.  The Seahawks will not cover.

Titans @ Jaguars (-3) - How has it come to this for the Titans?  I just don't believe that they're as bad as their record right now.  Fortunately, the Jags are weak.  The Titans are very tough against the run, and I don't believe that Garrard can beat the Titans with his arm, even against that chump Finnegan.  The Jags will not cover.

Giants @ Chiefs (-8.5) - Squash match.  The Giants are on their game right now.  The Chiefs are not.  Manning is elevating his game to the point when he's like his brother.  He's making his average receivers look good, and their defence is crushing their weak opposition.  The Chiefs will not cover.

Ravens (-2) @ Patriots - The Ravens offence is superior to that of the Patriots.  The Ravens defence is superior to that of the Patriots.  The Ravens coaching is superior to that of the Patriots.  Special teams is roughly even.  The Ravens will beat the Patriots, and will have to be taken seriously.  The Patriots and their fans will have their stomachs eaten by dogs in the desert.

Buccaneers (-7) @ Redskins - Both these teams are bad, but the Bucs are worse.  Really, I think that Tampa will cover, just because of the inability of Washington to score.  A touchdown is a lot for those guys.

Bills @ Dolphins (-2) - At this point, without Pennington, the Bills are going to be able to put 8 in the box and tee off on the Wildcat all night long.  With Lynch coming back, I think that the Bills should be able to outperform the Dolphins and beat the spread.

Jets (-7) @ Saints - I don't think Sanchez can keep pace with the Saints offence.  The Jets won't cover.

Cowboys @ Broncos (-3) - The Broncos are acting like they have a real defence.  This is their chance to prove it.  I think that they can, and that the Cowboys are a bunch of choke artists.  Moreover, the Denver home field advantage is the greatest in the league.

Rams (-9.5) @ 49ers - The Awesome One is going to start.  No matter how good he is though, the Rams don't have the tools to beat the 49ers.  I doubt they'll manage to beat the spread.

Chargers (-6.5) @ Steelers - The Steelers are tough, the Chargers are soft.  I'd love to see Pittsburgh lose this one, but the Chargers haven't beat the Steelers at home since... I don't know when.  It'll be a close one, and the Chargers will cover, but the Steelers should win.

Monday:
Packers (-3.5) @ Vikings - The Packers are alright, but the Vikings are at the top of their game right now.  With Favre's throws and Peterson's running, I think the Vikings will win by at least four.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Also:  I am starting Kyle Boller over Jamarcus Russell in LFFL.

sbr

Quote from: Neil on October 02, 2009, 09:16:56 PM

You should have been doing that even when Bulger was healthy.

Barrister

Does that mean you started Russell over Boller previously?

I keep telling you - Flacco is available for a decent RB... :contract:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Neil

Quote from: Barrister on October 02, 2009, 11:56:42 PM

Does that mean you started Russell over Boller previously?

I keep telling you - Flacco is available for a decent RB... :contract:
I have Adrian Peterson, Marshawn Lynch, Cadillac Williams and Tashard Choice.

Ed Anger

I fully expect the Bungles to blow it in the battle of Ohio.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive