Main Menu

NFL Week 4

Started by Admiral Yi, September 29, 2009, 06:40:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Well that's good for my Fantasy Team.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Ed Anger

I'm shocked the jets didn't try to pawn off Gholston on the Browns.

Vernon, you should have stayed in school.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 07, 2009, 03:07:06 PM
I'm shocked the jets didn't try to pawn off Gholston on the Browns.

Vernon, you should have stayed in school.
Not even the Browns are that stupid.

No, Gholston will be a Jet for a while longer, but after that he'll go to his true home:  The Silver and Black.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

katmai

Crabtree signed 6 yr deal with Niners
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: katmai on October 07, 2009, 04:09:24 PM
With MC Hammer in tow.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Neil

Quote from: katmai on October 07, 2009, 04:09:24 PM
:lol:

I so want him to suck.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Hey Neil,  I ran into Marshal Yanda at the Sunoco this afternoon.  He was buying a shitload of Skoal.

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 07, 2009, 05:22:11 PM
Hey Neil,  I ran into Marshal Yanda at the Sunoco this afternoon.  He was buying a shitload of Skoal.
:lol:

He's a country boy alright.

Sophie Scholl

Quote that made me chuckle about the Braylon Edwards trade: "Braylon Edwards has been traded to New York, apparently they needed someone to drop the ball for New Years."
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Judas Iscariot on October 07, 2009, 08:51:43 PM
Quote that made me chuckle about the Braylon Edwards trade: "Braylon Edwards has been traded to New York, apparently they needed someone to drop the ball for New Years."

Lulz.

I'm wondering how the Jets managed to figure out how Edwards--who had a scuffle the other night and can't apparently handle Cleveland's nightclub scene--will somehow be able to handle New York's nightlife.

Sheridan Line from Vegas:
Edwards punches a chick at a club: 5 to 1
Edwards gets drunk, tries to run over a traffic enforcement officer: 3 to 1
Edwards drops a pistol, shoots himself: Push

Neil

Going somewhere new will probably improve Edwards' game.  He'll be leaving behind a goofy coach who's lost the team, a starting QB who is wildly inconsistent, a 1st round backup QB whose arm can get the ball out to about eight yards, and a team that's going nowhere.  Not to mention the Browns front office.

CountDeMoney

VINDICATED

QuoteRavens' officiating disputes resolved
NFL doesn't fine team for criticisms of Patriots game

When the smoke finally cleared Wednesday on the brouhaha over the officiating in the Ravens- New England Patriots game, the Ravens got a measure of vindication, if not exactly the last word.

There will be no fines, which is a point for the Ravens.

Neither will there be any I-told-you-so's, which is coach John Harbaugh's way of ensuring a truce with the officials.

"It was back and forth," Harbaugh said of a two-day dialogue with NFL officials. "They confirmed everything, and we're not allowed to talk about any of that stuff. It's between the league and the team. And it's an opportunity for us to understand better, for them to understand better. When it's all said and done, we get better, the officiating gets better; that's all part of the process."

In the wake of a 27-21 loss to the Patriots, the Ravens were upset with where the ball was spotted on a number of occasions and with two personal foul, roughing-the passer penalties that appeared to give special consideration to quarterback Tom Brady. After suggesting the fouls were "embarrassing to the game," linebacker Ray Lewis escaped a fine for criticizing officials.

"It's a respect factor," Lewis said Wednesday about the absence of any fines. "Our league does a great job of controlling the outcomes of games and what goes on in between the lines. You can never discredit that. I think they understood where we were coming from. I think there is a great level of respect from both sides."

Ron Winter's officiating crew flagged the Ravens for nine penalties worth 85 yards. The Ravens had been penalized a total of 20 times in their first three games.

Sophie Scholl

Nice.  Now if only the Raiders could do that. <_<

Strix

Quote from: Neil on October 07, 2009, 09:52:55 PM
Going somewhere new will probably improve Edwards' game.  He'll be leaving behind a goofy coach who's lost the team, a starting QB who is wildly inconsistent, a 1st round backup QB whose arm can get the ball out to about eight yards, and a team that's going nowhere.  Not to mention the Browns front office.

Except he'll still keep dropping passes when the pressure is on. He needed to break one of his two left thumbs when he punched the guy.
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher