News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Going Down On You ?

Started by Armyknife, September 27, 2009, 04:50:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armyknife

Given a lot of the world is still in recession* have any businesses, that you personal dealing with, gone bankrupt/bust on you ?

Oddly its taken until this weekend for a company that I'm a customer of to go down and its pretty trivial, the dvd postal rental company I use.  The website has been down for several days, lots of people on the web talking of appalling recent and uncontactable by mail,phone or email.

Just so long as they didn't swip a load of credit of my CC card before they went under.  <_<

I can't think this will be the last, especially as U/E and insolvencies are likely to lag behind a 'recovery' ?

So have been inconvenienced yet,  had a service interupted because of the economic crisis ?

And how does that compare with your experience during the last one ?

Ideologue

:lol: Great thread title, Mongers.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

sbr

The company I work for filed Chapter 11 in November but seem like they are going to pull through, other than that nothing I am aware of.

Agelastus

I used to work in the Lighting Industry.

Several companies we dealt with went bust in the last eighteen months that I was there.

Then the company I worked for went in to liquidation, mainly due to an appalling cash flow problem.

So yes, I have had some experience of companies I have dealt with, with people I know, going bust in this recession.

Unfortunately, I cannot compare it with the last one as I hid in University during it.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Grey Fox

Quote from: Armyknife on September 27, 2009, 04:50:21 PM
Given a lot of the world is still in recession* have any businesses, that you personal dealing with, gone bankrupt/bust on you ?

Oddly its taken until this weekend for a company that I'm a customer of to go down and its pretty trivial, the dvd postal rental company I use.  The website has been down for several days, lots of people on the web talking of appalling recent and uncontactable by mail,phone or email.

Just so long as they didn't swip a load of credit of my CC card before they went under.  <_<

I can't think this will be the last, especially as U/E and insolvencies are likely to lag behind a 'recovery' ?

So have been inconvenienced yet,  had a service interupted because of the economic crisis ?

And how does that compare with your experience during the last one ?

Quoted for conservation purposes.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Eddie Teach

Why bother? Is it really worth it to reflect back on Mongers' silly scribblings?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josquius

My building society went under and was taken over and it hasn't affected me one jott. Apparently it'll be changing its name in November (IIRC) but my old book still remains valid for ever- they'll only change it to the new company's branding whenever I go in.

And of course the horrid exchange rate is really killing me.
We're supposed to be on the road to recovery now but in the past few weeks the exchange rate has dropped to the bottom end of 11- 12 is the usual and it goes up to 13 on occasion, anything under 12 is normally horrid.
██████
██████
██████

Jaron

My favorite taco place went under. Since tacos are the only thing my kind can eat, I'm slowly starving to death. :(

[/ derspiess]
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Jaron on September 28, 2009, 07:15:43 AM
My favorite taco place went under. Since tacos are the only thing my kind can eat, I'm slowly starving to death. :(

[/ derspiess]

I thought it was Tortillas.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

Ed Anger

Damn you all. I want Mexican food now.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Jaron

Sigh..

Fine.

*mortar and pestle*

Caliga

Quote from: Jaron on September 28, 2009, 07:19:13 AM
Sigh..

Fine.

*mortar and pestle*
:lol:

Question: Does little Jarenko ever sleep anymore?  :huh:

Jaron

Are you referring to me or something else? :unsure:

If you are asking about me, no, I don't get much sleep these days.