News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Roman Polanski arrested in Zürich

Started by Syt, September 27, 2009, 07:46:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

"Yeah, horses are fascinating animals. Dumb as fenceposts but very intuitive. In that way they're not too different from high school girls: they may not have a brain in their head but they do know all the boys want to fuck them."

Grallon

Quote from: grumbler on October 17, 2009, 10:43:29 AM

I guess ignorance can excuse this absurd contention, but no one who has had experiences dealing with 14-year-olds and 16-year-olds would make any such absurd contention.

I'll take your word for it - you do have more experience than me with teenagers; I had only 4 after all...

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Grallon on October 17, 2009, 12:25:28 PM
I'll take your word for it - you do have more experience than me with teenagers; I had only 4 after all...

G.

"Had" being the operative word.  Having sex with a few teenage boys hardly makes you the forum expert on the spectrum of adolescent psychology.
Experience bij!

Grallon

Quote from: DontSayBanana on October 17, 2009, 02:01:48 PM

...Having sex with a few teenage boys hardly makes you the forum expert on the spectrum of adolescent psychology.

Didn't I admit to that?  Are we through with the posturing yet?

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Crazy_Ivan80

funny since the conservatives recently proposed to lower the age of consent from 16 to 14. (with the caveat that at this age the partner cannot be more than a few years older... iirc a max of 4. Anything more gets really messy if found out)

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Grallon on October 17, 2009, 04:26:14 PM
Didn't I admit to that?  Are we through with the posturing yet?

G.

I read your post as sarcasm; if that was wrong, then just ignore my reply.
Experience bij!

C.C.R.

Quote from: garbon on October 16, 2009, 07:16:51 PM
While I agree with BB that there are some differences, I'll agree with you here and push that the minimum age should be pushed up to 18.  The differences between 14 and 18 and even 16 and 18 are generally great.

:yes:

My line is drawn at the age of legal emancipation (which happens to be 18 where I live -- YMMV on the age of legal emancipation where you live).  Once my children are 18 then they're free to fuck things up for themselves.  Before that, though, their behavior & the consequences thereof are legally *MY* problem, which means that *I* set the rules.

Don't like it?  Fuck you, have your own kids & stay away from mine.  Seriously.

Martinus

Quote from: C.C.R. on October 17, 2009, 06:39:43 PM
Quote from: garbon on October 16, 2009, 07:16:51 PM
While I agree with BB that there are some differences, I'll agree with you here and push that the minimum age should be pushed up to 18.  The differences between 14 and 18 and even 16 and 18 are generally great.

:yes:

My line is drawn at the age of legal emancipation (which happens to be 18 where I live -- YMMV on the age of legal emancipation where you live).  Once my children are 18 then they're free to fuck things up for themselves.  Before that, though, their behavior & the consequences thereof are legally *MY* problem, which means that *I* set the rules.

Don't like it?  Fuck you, have your own kids & stay away from mine.  Seriously.

See, you are the kind of idiot opposite extreme to grallon's idiot extreme.

Hopefully, laws would be based on reason and fall somewhere in between.

One would hope we have moved, as a civilization, from both pater familias and pederasty but reading Languish, I sometimes think that the last 2000 years were more or less inconsequential.  :rolleyes:

Grallon

I think you are overconcerned with who and what looks and behaves civilized Marty.

As for the lads, it's only natural to want to pluck them when they are ripe.  ^_^

G.

~Jean-François Revel

Martinus

Quote from: Grallon on October 19, 2009, 07:28:54 AM
I think you are overconcerned with who and what looks and behaves civilized Marty.

Civilization is what separates us from beasts.

Anyway, my life philosophy really boils down to two rules set out by Immanuel Kant (I paraphrase here);

1. Act like you would like everyone to act.

2. Don't treat other people like things.

Treating your own kids like your property - or someone else's kids like your sex toys - both break these rules. ;)

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

grumbler

Quote from: Martinus on October 19, 2009, 04:57:10 AM

See, you are the kind of idiot opposite extreme to grallon's idiot extreme.

Hopefully, laws would be based on reason and fall somewhere in between.

One would hope we have moved, as a civilization, from both pater familias and pederasty but reading Languish, I sometimes think that the last 2000 years were more or less inconsequentia[l/b].  :rolleyes:
So you try for the idiot hyperbolic extreme?  Well-done, if that was your aim.

I would agree with you that the law should not force people to comply with CCR's views on when sex is appropriate, but he clearly is stating that his rules are for his kids.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

The Minsky Moment

As for the lads, it's only natural to want to pluck them when they are ripe.  ^_^

An appeal to "nature" was not exactly what I was expecting.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

C.C.R.

Quote from: Martinus on October 19, 2009, 08:19:50 AM

Civilization is what separates us from beasts.

Anyway, my life philosophy really boils down to two rules set out by Immanuel Kant (I paraphrase here);

1. Act like you would like everyone to act.

2. Don't treat other people like things.

Treating your own kids like your property - or someone else's kids like your sex toys - both break these rules. ;)

:P

If you're reading my post above as me simply treating my children as "property" then I don't know what else to say to you.  I get that your emotional makeup is such that you are totally hardwired to attend solely to your own needs & desires and are incapable of sacrificing any part of yourself for the ones that you love (if there is indeed anybody else that you do love).  That's fine.  I'm not going to make any moral judgement about that being good or bad.  And honestly, I'm not making any moral judgements about what Grallon described earlier as being good or bad.  He didn't describe a situation where he was out trolling the junior high schools for some kid to molest, he described a situation where he was seduced by a kid at the lower end of the age of consent.  I'm not so blinded by my stance that I cannot discern the difference.

What I am saying, though, is that raising *MY* kids to be independent, functioning adults is *MY* responsibility, as are the legal ramifications of their attempts to emulate adult-like behavior, and to help me to that end it is my OPINION that I don't want adults fucking my underage kids.  If that makes me uncivilized then I guess I'm a fucking barbarian...

katmai

Quote from: C.C.R. on October 19, 2009, 10:18:17 AM
  If that makes me uncivilized then I guess I'm a fucking barbarian...
Wait, that was ever in doubt?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son