Which Pedro Almodovar's movie is your favourite?

Started by Martinus, September 25, 2009, 08:22:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which Pedro Almodovar's movie is your favourite?

Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown
5 (14.7%)
Tie Me Up! Tie Me Down!
3 (8.8%)
Kika
0 (0%)
Volver
1 (2.9%)
All About My Mother
3 (8.8%)
Talk to Her
3 (8.8%)
Bad Education
1 (2.9%)
Other
1 (2.9%)
Don't like any of his movies
2 (5.9%)
Pedro Who?
15 (44.1%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

I have seen none of these movies, but I am aware of Pedro Almodovar's existence.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Viking

I like the one with the strong, quirky female characters.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Caliga

Let's do another thread about which Elie Samaha movie is your favourite.  Tough call between Battlefield: Earth and Ballistic: Ecks vs. Sever. :unsure:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

The Larch

Quote from: Martinus on September 25, 2009, 02:00:55 PMHe discovered Penelope Cruz, too.

Nope, that was Bigas Luna. When Penélope Cruz acted for him she was already famous.

The Larch

Josephus

Quote from: Martinus on September 25, 2009, 02:00:55 PM

He discovered Penelope Cruz, too.

I would love to develop her, if you know what I mean.  :perv: :perv: Well...you probably don't, but you might imagine
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

I haven't done it in years.

Oh, bathe? Sorry, I read "lathe".  :blush:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Brain

On-topic, nigga is obviously very well known in Sweden and I have seen a couple of his movies but that was many years ago.

An older female relative was very upset when Hollywood poached Antonio Banderas. :mad:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Iormlund

Quote from: Martinus on September 25, 2009, 02:00:55 PM
He discovered Penelope Cruz, too.

Nopes. Her first big film was Bigas Luna's Jamón jamón (which I almost worked in as an extra while on high school). She had done national TV prior to that, too.

Iormlund

Quote from: garbon on September 26, 2009, 03:38:46 AM
Quote from: Valmy on September 25, 2009, 02:21:31 PM
Hence why we think you don't bathe

What's false about that?
There was a rather unsettling topic about our northern neighbors and their lack of hygiene on Spanish EUOT a few days ago. :x