Main Menu

Census worker lynched

Started by jimmy olsen, September 23, 2009, 05:58:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

saskganesh

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 23, 2009, 10:05:39 PM
Quote from: Josephus on September 23, 2009, 09:53:09 PM
Not sure what you're getting at, though. :huh:

That you should know better than to just accept the apparent explanation without checking it out first.

well fuck, you never leave home mr. critical thinker.

why are you defending the killers eddie? was the census worker black?
humans were created in their own image

Eddie Teach

Quote from: saskganesh on September 24, 2009, 07:10:07 AM
well fuck, you never leave home mr. critical thinker.

why are you defending the killers eddie? was the census worker black?

<_<

I'm defending the cops, asshole.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Caliga

Here's your boy, Marti.  Looks pretty white to me.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Josephus

Quote from: Caliga on September 24, 2009, 08:07:53 AM
Here's your boy, Marti.  Looks pretty white to me.

So did Michael Jackson. What's your point?  :lmfao:
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Caliga

Well, he wore a knit cap because he was bald from chemo, so I suppose he could have lost his skin pigmentation as well.  You're right, he's black.

Malthus

I guess the issue is whether he was actually murdered by anti-federal rednecks, or murdered by someone who wanted to make people think so.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: Martinus on September 24, 2009, 05:09:55 AM
LOL I caught it too. Btw, I'm not familiar with American names enough to determine if the guy's name sounds black. Does it?

Bill Sparkman is perhaps THE most common African American name.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Josephus on September 23, 2009, 07:59:45 PM
QuoteWASHINGTON – A U.S. Census worker found hanging from a tree near a Kentucky cemetery had the word "fed" scrawled on his chest, a law enforcement official said Wednesday, and the FBI is investigating whether he was a victim of anti-government sentiment.

Those Feds are smart.  :rolleyes:

They are jumping to conclusions.  All the clue shows is that the killer made sure the victim got a last meal.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Caliga

:lmfao:

It would have been cooler if they wrote:

COT
FED
KILT

on his chest, though. :)

Sheilbh

I was confused by that wrong-doing bit, but apparently he wasn't lynched - as in he wasn't strung up.  That's why they're not sure if it was a case of wrong-doing as it could have been suicide.
Let's bomb Russia!

Razgovory

Quote from: Sheilbh on September 24, 2009, 05:48:04 PM
I was confused by that wrong-doing bit, but apparently he wasn't lynched - as in he wasn't strung up.  That's why they're not sure if it was a case of wrong-doing as it could have been suicide.

You mean he hung himself after he killed himself? :huh:
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Barrister

Guys, something that law enforcement (including Crown prosecutors) have had drilled into our heads over the last 10+ years is to not jump to any conclusions and to wait until all the evidence is in.  Also not to make public pronouncements until it is clear what has happened.

Remember what happened to poor Richard Jewell as an example of jumping to conclusions too early in an investigation.

The police, if they're smart, are certainly investigating this as a anti-government crime, but are looking at all other possibilities as well.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Razgovory

All evidence.  Doing that would mean you would never get an arrest.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

alfred russel

Quote from: Barrister on September 24, 2009, 06:40:53 PM
Guys, something that law enforcement (including Crown prosecutors) have had drilled into our heads over the last 10+ years is to not jump to any conclusions and to wait until all the evidence is in.  Also not to make public pronouncements until it is clear what has happened.

Remember what happened to poor Richard Jewell as an example of jumping to conclusions too early in an investigation.

The police, if they're smart, are certainly investigating this as a anti-government crime, but are looking at all other possibilities as well.

Because of people jumping to conclusions, Richard Jewell ceased to be poor.

Then he died.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014