And we're back!

Main Menu

Census worker lynched

Started by jimmy olsen, September 23, 2009, 05:58:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fireblade

Quote from: Caliga on September 23, 2009, 08:38:59 PM
Quote from: Fireblade on September 23, 2009, 07:38:29 PM
By the way, FUCK YOU, goptards. You whine and whine about left-wing radicals, but at least left-wingers don't fucking lynch people or shoot up holocaust museums.
:lol: You have no idea who killed this guy yet or why.

Damn it, Caliga, if the right can jump to dumbass conclusions (ACORN ACORN ACORN), then I can too.  :mad:

Grey Fox

United States of fucking Africa?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 23, 2009, 08:59:05 PM
What if he doesn't want it to look like a suicide? I don't know why you and Josephus are giving them so much grief just for conducting an investigation.

Because of the obvious: somebody driven to suicide either doesn't care or wants it to be a point of public humiliation. There's an incredible number of possibilities, but I think at this point, it's safe to rule out Colonel Mustard in the study with a candlestick. ;)
Experience bij!

Eddie Teach

Quote"Our job is to determine if there was foul play involved — and that's part of the investigation — and if there was foul play involved, whether that is related to his employment as a census worker," said Beyer.

Beyer declined to confirm or discuss any details about the crime scene.

Lucindia Scurry-Johnson, assistant director of the Census Bureau's southern office in Charlotte, N.C., said law enforcement officers have told the agency the matter is "an apparent homicide" but nothing else.

In other words, they'll tell the press what they know when they decide the time is right. They don't actually think it was a suicide, they just haven't stated definitively that it wasn't.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josephus

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 23, 2009, 08:43:19 PM
Quote from: Josephus on September 23, 2009, 07:59:45 PM
QuoteWASHINGTON – A U.S. Census worker found hanging from a tree near a Kentucky cemetery had the word "fed" scrawled on his chest, a law enforcement official said Wednesday, and the FBI is investigating whether he was a victim of anti-government sentiment.

Those Feds are smart.  :rolleyes:

Aren't you a journalist?  :huh:

Not sure what you're getting at, though. :huh:
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Neil

Quote from: Josephus on September 23, 2009, 09:53:09 PM
Journalists are widely reputed to be the stupidest of all professions.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Josephus

Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2009, 10:00:38 PM
Journalists are widely reputed to be the stupidest of all professions.

Just the ones who write for the National Post.  <_<
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Eddie Teach

That you should know better than to just accept the apparent explanation without checking it out first.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on September 23, 2009, 08:41:46 PM
Quote from: Caliga on September 23, 2009, 08:38:59 PM
:lol: You have no idea who killed this guy yet or why.

FB is just looking for an excuse to consider forming an anti-Republican militia while he is getting high.

When the time comes we won't need Militias.  We'll have a Federal Army.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Martinus

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on September 23, 2009, 06:26:06 PM

"Our job is to determine if there was foul play involved

Well, good luck with that...

LOL I caught it too. Btw, I'm not familiar with American names enough to determine if the guy's name sounds black. Does it?

Martinus

Anyway they should check if the guy had his liver intact. And if not, check up on anyone buying chianti recently.

Martinus

Quote from: Monoriu on September 23, 2009, 07:18:53 PM
In HK at least, the census department does all sorts of surveys every year.
You are thinking of invigilation and wire-tapping.

Martinus

Quote from: DontSayBanana on September 23, 2009, 08:55:44 PM
I love the way the article mentions the FBI is still looking into whether there was foul play. Yeah, a guy can hang himself, but suicides generally don't scrawl derogatories on their chests...
Maybe he wanted to thank Kentuckians for their great cuisine before passing away, and indicated that he was well fed during his stay there.

Caliga

Quote from: Martinus on September 24, 2009, 05:09:55 AM
LOL I caught it too. Btw, I'm not familiar with American names enough to determine if the guy's name sounds black. Does it?
Can't really tell either way from the name, but IIRC I saw a pic last night and he was a white dude.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Josephus

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 23, 2009, 10:05:39 PM

That you should know better than to just accept the apparent explanation without checking it out first.

Nah. Print first. Correction later.
Civis Romanus Sum