Three Stooges movie cast, choices are bizzare.

Started by jimmy olsen, March 25, 2009, 05:37:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Brazen

Caliga

"Oh, a wise guy eh?" *bonks Brazen on top of the head*

Brazen

*kicks him in the shin to the sound of a horn honking*

Darth Wagtaros

I dislike the Stooges.  More a Laurel and Hardy guy.
PDH!

Ed Anger

All those who hate the stooges (or at least the ones with Curly) in this thread are owed at least one kick in the crotch.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

KRonn

PDH

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 26, 2009, 08:37:58 AM
All those who hate the stooges (or at least the ones with Curly) in this thread are owed at least one kick in the crotch.
I was thinking a rasp to the head.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

grumbler

I think everyone thinks the stooges are funny the first time they see their shtick  The problem is that the Three Stooges were a one-trick pony that pretty much just repeated the same thing over and over for 200 shorts that were all pretty much alike.

The Marx Brothers have a slightly wider range but suffer in the end from the same syndrome.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Caliga

Good point.  The ones with Shemp were nearly as good (the one where they're on a train and a lion is licking Moe's feet is a classic), but the ones with Joe Besser were very uneven at best.  I don't recall ever seeing a reel with Curly Joe... did he even record shorts with the Stooges or was he just part of their live act late in the game?

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on March 26, 2009, 09:38:31 AM

Good point.  The ones with Shemp were nearly as good (the one where they're on a train and a lion is licking Moe's feet is a classic), but the ones with Joe Besser were very uneven at best.  I don't recall ever seeing a reel with Curly Joe... did he even record shorts with the Stooges or was he just part of their live act late in the game?

I think there is some shorts with Curly Joe. But hell, it has been at 5 year years since I've last seen a Three Stooges short.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

The only thing I've ever seen with Curly Joe is some really late thing where the Stooges were like driving an RV around in Idaho and giving travel reviews.  It was really weird... it was in color and the credits, etc. looked like the same font from Gilligan's Island.  Moe and Larry looked like they were 90 or so in it.

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 25, 2009, 05:41:36 PM
And there goes the memories of watching Channel 43, WUAB Cleveland on Saturday at Noon.

Fuck.

It's a safe bet that no one is going to remember these Stooges in the same nostalgic way. :bleeding:
:p

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom