News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL 2009-2010 Season

Started by Zoupa, September 19, 2009, 10:57:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

charliebear

Todd Bertuzzi is back in Detroit with the Wings.  I just don't like that guy.

C.C.R.

The Blackhawks take to the ice against the Panthers in Helsinki in about 2 1/2 hours or so.  Am looking forward to it...

Syt

Watching that game now. Was surprised to catch some live hockey; mostly games are on during late night here (makes NFL + MLB easier to follow as more live games can be easily caught here).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: Zoupa on October 02, 2009, 01:30:54 AM
Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on October 02, 2009, 12:41:00 AM
oh and Markov injured ? Shocker! not. the guy is made of glass.

Since the lock out he's played 67, 77, 82 and 78 games...

Has he actually had much impact other than the odd flash here and there? Nope.
:p

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: Neil on October 02, 2009, 06:33:21 AM
A good day for hockey.  Both the Leafs and Canucks have proven themselves to be weak and worthless.

yeah because one game is all you need to measure a team that has 79 more to go. :rolleyes:
:p

Valmy

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on October 02, 2009, 11:58:19 AM
yeah because one game is all you need to measure a team that has 79 more to go. :rolleyes:

Indeed and that is why I am declaring the glorious Washington Capitals Stanley Cup champions.  We might as well cancel the rest of the season. :yeah:

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Neil

A good day for hockey.  Both the Leafs and Canucks have proven themselves to be weak and worthless.

Both teams have years of cowardice and failure to show for their paltry efforts.

Also:  Luongo looked distinctly average.  Looks like Vancouver might be finished for good this time.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Zoupa

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on October 02, 2009, 11:57:00 AM
Quote from: Zoupa on October 02, 2009, 01:30:54 AM
Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on October 02, 2009, 12:41:00 AM
oh and Markov injured ? Shocker! not. the guy is made of glass.

Since the lock out he's played 67, 77, 82 and 78 games...

:huh: He's generally considered to be in the top 10 of defenceman league-wise dude. Look at his stats, plus minus, and team record when he's not playing.

saskganesh

humans were created in their own image

C.C.R.

And the Hawks lose their opener to the Panthers in a shootout...

<_<

Florida brought a solid "Meat & Potatoes" game to the table while the Blackhawks were running hot & cold with a more cutesy approach.  The Blackhawks showed promise with some solid Net Presence, but they had a hard time slowing down the Panthers' transition game.

We'll see how things go in tomorrow morning's rematch -- right, Bevin?

PRC

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on October 02, 2009, 11:57:00 AM

Yes.  Four straight seasons with 45 + points including 64 points last year. He led all defencemen in assists last year.

C.C.R.

Brian Campbell scored to put the Blackhawks up 1-0 over the Panthers at the first intermission.  Campbell's goal is exactly one (1) more goal than what he scored in all of last year's regular season...

C.C.R.

Quote from: C.C.R. on October 03, 2009, 11:44:54 AM
Brian Campbell scored to put the Blackhawks up 1-0 over the Panthers at the first intermission.  Campbell's goal is exactly one (1) more goal than what he scored in all of last year's regular season...

Wow, talk about Out Of My Ass -- a review of the facts show that Campbell had 7 goals last year.  I am:  TEH EMBAREAZZED...

:Embarrass:

C.C.R.

Antti Niemi backstopped the Blackhawks to a 4-0 whitewash of the Florida Panthers in front of a (relatively) hometown crowd in Helsinki...

:cool:

In other news, Detroit is up on St. Louis 2-0 earlyin the first in Stockholm...

<_<

Strix

Maurice Hockey is baaaaaaaack!

And the scoreless streak begins at 1!

And the winless streak begins at 1!

"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher