News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL 2009-2010 Season

Started by Zoupa, September 19, 2009, 10:57:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

charliebear

Quote from: C.C.R. on January 29, 2010, 01:15:01 AM
Hawks just beat the Sharks 4-3 in OT in a fucking barn-burner of a game.  Sweet.

^_^

You must be loving this season.  Congrats to the Blackhawks, they are now my 2nd favorite team.

Delirium

Gah, I hate it when ESPN America has reruns of games where teams have already played again after that. Wings at Pittsburg this morning, tsk tsk.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: Neil on February 01, 2010, 02:02:00 PM
Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on February 01, 2010, 01:37:42 PM
Phaneuf is an over-rated idiot.
I don't know if he's an idiot or not, but he has been somewhat overrated.  He's a serviceable defenceman, but the real idiot is the one who paid him $6.5 million.  He wasn't even the best defenceman on the Flames.

:yes: Now Jokinen is gone. man that's an entirely different look team in Calgary now. But will they gel?
:p

Neil

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on February 02, 2010, 01:28:43 PM
Quote from: Neil on February 01, 2010, 02:02:00 PM
Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on February 01, 2010, 01:37:42 PM
Phaneuf is an over-rated idiot.
I don't know if he's an idiot or not, but he has been somewhat overrated.  He's a serviceable defenceman, but the real idiot is the one who paid him $6.5 million.  He wasn't even the best defenceman on the Flames.
:yes: Now Jokinen is gone. man that's an entirely different look team in Calgary now. But will they gel?
I think it's a good thing.  They're rooting out the big-name guys who weren't performing, and have brought in more supporting talent.  It's closer to the Flames team that went to the finals, although they'll need to up their work ethic.  It's a shame they don't have Lombardi anymore, as he was one of the best (and fastest) energy guys around.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

PRC

Flames won't make the playoffs and GM Sutter will be fired when the season is over.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Neil

Quote from: PRC on February 02, 2010, 02:46:12 PM
Flames won't make the playoffs and GM Sutter will be fired when the season is over.
But at least the players and fans have heart, something that the Canucks crowd never has had, and never will.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

PRC

Quote from: Neil on February 02, 2010, 03:21:24 PM
But at least the players and fans have heart, something that the Canucks crowd never has had, and never will.

The players don't have heart - if they did none of these trades would've happened.  They've tanked the season because of internal rifts.

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: Neil on February 02, 2010, 03:21:24 PM
Quote from: PRC on February 02, 2010, 02:46:12 PM

That old saw is no longer true. Lots of gutsy gritty play from the Canucks team this year.

Strix

Canadian teams and heart do not go together. If it did, they'd have had a Stanley Cup winning team from Canada more recently than 1993!

"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

BuddhaRhubarb

Canadian teams win every year except when those Swedish(Detroit) teams win. Most players are Canadian.

Strix

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on February 02, 2010, 11:10:06 PM
Canadian teams win every year except when those Swedish(Detroit) teams win. Most players are Canadian.

Canadian mercenaries win the Cup. Not Canadian teams. There is a difference. The mercs lack the heart to bring it home to the motherland.
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Delirium

Well, you have three of the six Canadian teams playing for the Cup in three out of the five last finals, I wouldn't say Canada's chance of winning is that remote.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Grey Fox

Kovie is now a Devils.

Hopefully only a rental. I hope he goes back to Russia.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Delirium

Why? He's clearly a world class player, 58 points in 47 games for Atlanta? Come on.