Jimmy Carter: Wilson comments 'based on racism'

Started by garbon, September 16, 2009, 01:10:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 18, 2009, 06:44:39 PM
The thing is, and what most of our learned, knee-jerk ZOMG AM I RASCISS Languishians fail to understand, is that racism is simply more than overt, stone-cold acts, and there is as much racism in the passive nuance of the Wilsons or Rush Becks or "Big Guvmint". 
Much like the continentals and their WHAT? US ANTI-SEMITES? attitudes--after all, if they're not stuffing Jews into cattle cars and ovens, then it's not anti-semitism, right?--then if we're not lynching the darkies or making them pay poll taxes, it's not "really" racism. 
Well, that's bunk.  Carter's called it like it is, whether people want to acknowledge it or not.
All of this rings false coming from a former police officer.  You put black men in chains for a living.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 18, 2009, 07:53:45 PM
Embraced diversity.

Oh shit, here we go.  Seedy's screwing another black girl, so he'll be Malcom X for the next few weeks :rolleyes:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on September 18, 2009, 01:39:35 PM
Don't know.  Alot of conservatives were fairly unhappy with Colon Powell.

Good point.  Or at least it would be, were Colin Powell a conservative.  Which he's not.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Jaron

Yeah, once he started speaking his mind and ignoring official GOP marching orders, the Republicans tore up his little white card.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

CountDeMoney

Razgovory

Quote from: Berkut on September 18, 2009, 06:07:33 PM
Quote from: The Minsky Moment on September 18, 2009, 05:34:33 PM
Quote from: Berkut on September 18, 2009, 02:01:05 PM
Calling someone a racist in an effort to ignore their argument is as reprehensible as actually *being* racist.

What if there is no argument?

Then there isn't any need to slander them as racists, now is there?

Ergo they must be racists since there is no reason to make it up.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Hansmeister

Here is a nifty little chart to help you figure out whether you're a racist:

garbon

I get stuck in an infinite loop between "Are you sure you're not white" and "Are you sure you read the first question correctly?" If only I'd registered as a Republican. :weep:

Anyway, Hans, are you a white?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Agelastus

:lol:

Hansy, as a non-American, I find that chart quite funny; even witty.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Eddie Teach

Quote from: garbon on September 19, 2009, 04:20:37 PM
I get stuck in an infinite loop between "Are you sure you're not white" and "Are you sure you read the first question correctly?" If only I'd registered as a Republican. :weep:

Anyway, Hans, are you a white?

Perhaps the white part of your bloodline is predominating. Don't be so sure.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 19, 2009, 04:40:08 PM
Perhaps the white part of your bloodline is predominating. Don't be so sure.

Neither of my parents like Obama. :o

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017