Missing Yale student found dead behind wall on day of her planned wedding.

Started by Syt, September 14, 2009, 11:53:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

I have not watched enough Futurama to remember anything about that character.  :Embarrass:

The only characters I can recall details about are Fry, Leela, Bender, and Dr. Zoidberg.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on September 22, 2009, 09:44:29 AM
I have not watched enough Futurama to remember anything about that character.  :Embarrass:

The only characters I can recall details about are Fry, Leela, Bender, and Dr. Zoidberg.

Futurama isn't as good as the nerds say it is.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

IIRC Futurama is one of those shows that I watched and thought "Hee hee, that's clever" the entire time but rarely or never actually laughed at.  Monty Python stuff is exactly the same for me. -_-

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on September 22, 2009, 10:10:59 AM
IIRC Futurama is one of those shows that I watched and thought "Hee hee, that's clever" the entire time but rarely or never actually laughed at.  Monty Python stuff is exactly the same for me. -_-

I recently bought the entire Monty python set(46 bucks), and it just isn't as funny as it used to be either.

The inner geek in me has been sentenced to the gulag of the spleen. :weep:

Warspite

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 22, 2009, 10:12:45 AM

I recently bought the entire Monty python set(46 bucks), and it just isn't as funny as it used to be either.

THe problem with Monty Python is that they were funny because they were so fresh - nothing like them had been seen or heard before, except perhaps the Goon Show on radio. The problem is that now, if you watch them, their style has become so integral to comedy that it seems stale and no longer laugh-out-loud funny.
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Ed Anger

Quote from: Warspite on September 22, 2009, 10:15:24 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on September 22, 2009, 10:12:45 AM

THe problem with Monty Python is that they were funny because they were so fresh - nothing like them had been seen or heard before, except perhaps the Goon Show on radio. The problem is that now, if you watch them, their style has become so integral to comedy that it seems stale and no longer laugh-out-loud funny.

WHERE WAS YOU 3 WEEKS AGO TO WARN ME?

Caliga

Makes sense.  OTOH I still find some Three Stooges shorts laugh-out-loud funny.  The best one is the one when they decide to go fishing.  :lol:

Ed Anger

Stooges now, I'd pay to have all those on DVD. The Curly and Shemp ones. CURLY JOE CAN GO TO HELL.

Caliga

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 22, 2009, 10:21:24 AM
Stooges now, I'd pay to have all those on DVD. The Curly and Shemp ones. CURLY JOE CAN GO TO HELL.
:cool: When Curly Joe was with the troupe I refer to them as The Gay Stooges.

KRonn

Quote from: Caliga on September 22, 2009, 10:19:29 AM
Makes sense.  OTOH I still find some Three Stooges shorts laugh-out-loud funny.  The best one is the one when they decide to go fishing.  :lol:
The "water letter outer". Boat is leaking - make a hole to let the water out.     :D

Caliga

Barrister

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 22, 2009, 10:04:09 AM

Lies. :angry:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Razgovory

I wasn't really pleased with a lot of the futurama movies.  But the show was funny.  I liked the episode where they went to Roswell.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Barrister

Quote from: Razgovory on September 22, 2009, 02:13:27 PM
I wasn't really pleased with a lot of the futurama movies.  But the show was funny.  I liked the episode where they went to Roswell.

The movies were strained because they tried to be both feature-length movies, and able to be chopped into 22-minute episodes.  They were funny, but the pacing was very awkward.

The show itself is funny as balls.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Barrister on September 22, 2009, 11:00:29 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on September 22, 2009, 10:04:09 AM

Lies. :angry:

Only good episodes are the worms in fry, Nixon for president and the Roswell episode Raz mentions.

And maybe the one with the Hawkeye Mash bot.