News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

America: I'm happy with you

Started by Martinus, March 24, 2009, 05:09:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

The health insurance reform, the stem cell research funding, the lift of the ban on abortion-providing aid organisations' funding, the support for anti-gay-discrimination UN resolutions, moves to repeal "Don't Ask Don't Tell", various personal and political moves from the new administration etc. etc. have restored my faith in the shining beacon on the hill, once again proving that the greatest strength of America comes from its ability to reinvent itself and be reborn in its ideals, like a phoenix.

I love America again.  :cool:

The Nickname Who Was Thursday

The Erstwhile Eddie Teach

Faeelin

That's adorable, but DADT won't get repealed.

Martinus

Quote from: Faeelin on March 24, 2009, 05:15:25 PM
Let's make a bet. The time framework is the end of this term. If we ever meet, the loser buys the winner a drink. (Blowjob is optional).

Faeelin

Quote from: Martinus on March 24, 2009, 05:17:14 PM
Quote from: Faeelin on March 24, 2009, 05:15:25 PM
Let's make a bet. The time framework is the end of this term. If we ever meet, the loser buys the winner a drink. (Blowjob is optional).

Do it without the blowjob and sure.

Razgovory

You have been to chipper lately. <_<
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

fhdz

Plus, our President makes Special Olympics jokes on national television!  What's not to love?
and the horse you rode in on

Admiral Yi

Neil

And since Martinus is always wrong about everything, this will lead to the failure of America.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 24, 2009, 05:47:24 PM
Quote from: Martinus on March 24, 2009, 05:09:00 PM
What do we get out of it?
Nothing.  I think Will Self's argument that the world has an anger level that's permanently the same is accurate.  So if one person somewhere becomes more mellow, as Marty has (against the odds), then someone somewhere else gets suddenly a lot more angry.
Let's bomb Russia!

fhdz

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 24, 2009, 05:49:28 PM
Nothing.  I think Will Self's argument that the world has an anger level that's permanently the same is accurate.  So if one person somewhere becomes more mellow, as Marty has (against the odds), then someone somewhere else gets suddenly a lot more angry.

The Law of Conservation of Whining?
and the horse you rode in on

Neil

Martinus is lying, at any rate.  His hatred for America is constant and eternal, and goes far deeper than his rather questionable devotion to homosexuality.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

The health insurance reform, the stem cell research funding, the lift of the ban on abortion-providing aid organisations' funding, the support for anti-gay-discrimination UN resolutions, moves to repeal "Don't Ask Don't Tell", various personal and political moves from the new administration etc. etc. have restored my faith in the shining beacon on the hill, once again proving that the greatest strength of America comes from its ability to reinvent itself and be reborn in its ideals, like a phoenix.

On behalf of all Americans, go fuck yourself.

Siege

So, your love is conditional.
Thanks but you can keep your fucking love.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"