News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

America: I'm happy with you

Started by Martinus, March 24, 2009, 05:09:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weatherman

Siege

Weatherman, how did you get that video in your signature?

I'm trying to get a gif in there and I can't get it to work.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Weatherman

like this:

[img ]urlgoeshere[ /img]

derspiess

Quote from: Martinus on March 24, 2009, 05:09:00 PM
The health insurance reform, the stem cell research funding, the lift of the ban on abortion-providing aid organisations' funding, the support for anti-gay-discrimination UN resolutions, moves to repeal "Don't Ask Don't Tell", various personal and political moves from the new administration etc. etc. have restored my faith in the shining beacon on the hill, once again proving that the greatest strength of America comes from its ability to reinvent itself and be reborn in its ideals, like a phoenix.

I love America again.  :cool:

Get bent.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Siege

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Habbaku

Eliminate the spaces that you have between the brackets, Siege.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Weatherman

Quote from: Habbaku on March 24, 2009, 07:37:45 PM
Eliminate the spaces that you have between the brackets, Siege.

What he said; I only put the spaces in as it wouldn't show the code if I did it the normal way.

garbon

Quote from: Siege on March 24, 2009, 06:57:10 PM
So, your love is conditional.
Thanks but you can keep your fucking love.

Love should always be conditional.

You try and beat me, and I won't love you anymore.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

Quote from: Weatherman on March 24, 2009, 07:33:01 PM
like this:

[img ]urlgoeshere[ /img]

Could you please use something smaller, though? That gif was already annoying as fuck when CdM had it.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Alatriste

Unconditional love of a country is not caring what the object of your love does, thinks or believes. Like burning heretics in public squares, giving infected blankets to the Indians or forcing people to wear pink triangles... and yellow stars too. Lead to the Dark Side, that way does...

Martinus

Quote from: Neil on March 24, 2009, 05:55:51 PM
Martinus is lying, at any rate.  His hatred for America is constant and eternal, and goes far deeper than his rather questionable devotion to homosexuality.
Then I must also love to constantly rekindle that hate, since in each category, be it movies, books, tv series, shows and podcasts, works originating in America are on top of my most favourite list (although probably in the books category they are close second, after the British ones).

Martinus

The health insurance reform, the stem cell research funding, the lift of the ban on abortion-providing aid organisations' funding, the support for anti-gay-discrimination UN resolutions, moves to repeal "Don't Ask Don't Tell", various personal and political moves from the new administration etc. etc. have restored my faith in the shining beacon on the hill, once again proving that the greatest strength of America comes from its ability to reinvent itself and be reborn in its ideals, like a phoenix.

You are not an American. You are an Arab plant.

Neil

Quote from: Martinus on March 25, 2009, 05:00:49 AM
Quote from: Neil on March 24, 2009, 05:55:51 PM
Martinus is lying, at any rate.  His hatred for America is constant and eternal, and goes far deeper than his rather questionable devotion to homosexuality.
Then I must also love to constantly rekindle that hate, since in each category, be it movies, books, tv series, shows and podcasts, works originating in America are on top of my most favourite list (although probably in the books category they are close second, after the British ones).
Exactly.  You're just like an Arab.  You hate, but you can't escape, and that makes you hate all the more.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 24, 2009, 05:47:24 PM
What do we get out of it?

Let's just breathe a sign of relief that he isn't into anal.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Valmy

the support for anti-gay-discrimination UN resolutions

We only do that because it pisses Iran off.

:nelson: Iran you are teh backwards
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."