News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Are you a typical <insert birth order> child?

Started by merithyn, September 11, 2009, 01:05:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Where are you in the birth order of your family?

oldest
middle
youngest
only child
Other - explain

Maximus

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

merithyn

Quote from: Maximus on September 11, 2009, 04:11:57 PM
Not a middle child either.

I would say that you count as a youngest child, really. You ARE the youngest boy, and the ninth of ten kids.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Maximus

garbon

Quote from: Maximus on September 11, 2009, 04:23:15 PM
Why did you feel the need to respond then?

If I didn't express how little I cared, how would you ever know? :o
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Maximus

Quote from: garbon on September 11, 2009, 04:25:37 PM
If I didn't express how little I cared, how would you ever know? :o
Why would I care?

Liep

"Acts as if in race, trying to catch up or overtake first child."

I quickly realised I'd never catch up on my sister, nor did I ever really want to. Maybe because of...

"If first child is "good," second may become "bad." Develops abilities first child doesn't exhibit. If first child successful, may feel uncertain of self and abilities."

I'm lazy, she's ambitious. Omg! The internet is right!

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

garbon

Maximus

merithyn

Quote from: garbon on September 11, 2009, 04:34:55 PM
Quote from: Maximus on September 11, 2009, 04:28:22 PM
Why would I care?

Who said that you should or thinks you would?

:mad:

All right, stop it. Don't make me stop this car and come back there!
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

garbon

garbon

Quote from: merithyn on September 11, 2009, 04:36:38 PM
:mad:

All right, stop it. Don't make me stop this car and come back there!

Are we there yet?

Caliga

Quote from: Malthus on September 11, 2009, 03:27:21 PM
You folks with deceased sibs: what did they die of?
In my case: she basically died due to medical malpractice.  When she was being born there was something wrong with her lungs/breathing but whatever the OBGYN did, aside from misdiagnosing the problem, severely damaged her heart and she died 14 months later having never left the NICU.  My parents won a major malpractice suit against Albert Einstein Medical Center which got a bit of news coverage at the time, mainly beause their attorney is Arlen Specter's son Shanin.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

syk

My (half-)sister is almost 16 years younger, that makes me both oldest and only child I guess.