NO Need To Buy HOI 3.....Get Arsenal of Democracy Instead

Started by Josephus, September 08, 2009, 08:51:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

Looks like a similar thing to Garbon's EU2 thing.

ARSENAL OF DEMOCRACY - A "Hearts of Iron" Game
The ultimate World War II simulation arriving this December

NEW YORK – September 8, 2009 – Paradox Interactive are excited to unveil a brand new Hearts of Iron game entitled Arsenal of Democracy, set to release on PC in December.

Developed by BL-Logic, a development studio made up by fans of the Hearts of Iron series and active member of the modding community, Arsenal of Democracy is the ultimate World War II simulation and is described by Project Leader Lennart Berg as "Hearts of Iron II on steroids!"

Describing the idea and process behind the creation of Arsenal of Democracy, Berg goes on to say, "During the years of the Hearts of iron II lifecycle, I made a list of improvements in the forums and these became the guidelines to the new game. So we went ahead and implemented these along with many more ideas until we had pretty much replaced and enhanced everything from the original. The end result, in our very humble opinion, is the ultimate World War II simulation."

KEY FEATURES
* Increased resolution and windowed mode freely selectable
* Totally reworked combat mechanics, new missions and realistic combat behavior and losses
* Several new technologies
* New espionage interface and reworked espionage system
* One of the most detailed economy and production system found in any Hearts of Iron game
* Realistic logistics system
* Everything is moddable
* AI reworked and now poses a genuine threat, even to experienced players
* 4 new battle scenarios
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

HisMajestyBOB

Looks interesting.

QuoteDid they add PBEM????

No.
No hexes, either.
Or cards.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Berkut

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on September 08, 2009, 09:18:01 AM
Looks interesting.

QuoteDid they add PBEM????

No.
No hexes, either.
Or cards.

Neither hexes or cards are necessary for it to be "the ultimate World War II simulation", but awesome PBEM is, sadly.

Still, I love HOI2, and by all accounts HOI3 sucks ass, so even if it isn't the "the ultimate World War II simulation", it is still probably pretty awesome.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Jaron

Is this Paradox new thing? They are going to flood the market with a bunch of crap home made stuff?
Winner of THE grumbler point.

garbon

Quote from: Jaron on September 08, 2009, 03:50:55 PM
Is this Paradox new thing? They are going to flood the market with a bunch of crap home made stuff?

I have a lovely home. <_<
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Camerus

PDH

Quote from: garbon on September 08, 2009, 03:52:09 PM
Quote from: Jaron on September 08, 2009, 03:50:55 PM

I have a lovely home. <_<
It is in the city..can't be that good unless it costs millions...
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

garbon

Quote from: PDH on September 08, 2009, 07:02:15 PM

Home is where the heart is and my heart is in a great place.

sbr

Quote from: Pitiful Pathos on September 08, 2009, 07:02:06 PM
Quote from: Josephus on September 08, 2009, 08:51:23 AM
* One of the most detailed economy and production system found in any Hearts of Iron game

:lol:

That isn't exactly a high bar they set themselves, is it?  :lol:

dps

Quote from: garbon on September 08, 2009, 07:30:11 PM

Don't let 'em give you any crap about your home.  Jaron is a troll, so you know his home is a dump (I mean, how well can you fix up the underside of a bridge?) and PDH is an acedemic/egghead type, so he's probably so absent-minded he's lucky if he remembers where his home is.

ehrie

Quote from: garbon on September 08, 2009, 07:30:11 PM

Your...chest?  :huh:

garbon

Quote from: dps on September 08, 2009, 08:10:04 PM
Don't let 'em give you any crap about your home.  Jaron is a troll, so you know his home is a dump (I mean, how well can you fix up the underside of a bridge?) and PDH is an acedemic/egghead type, so he's probably so absent-minded he's lucky if he remembers where his home is.

I take back every harsh word I ever said about you. :hug: