Is a Confederate uniform an inappropriate halloween costume?

Started by Faeelin, September 06, 2009, 11:08:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faeelin

Quote from: Ideologue on October 14, 2009, 09:51:17 PM
Boy, a roomfull of people who both get that and find it funny sounds like the funnest Hallowe'en party crowd ever.

Well, these people are happier than the cynical assholes who populate Languish.

Ideologue

Quote from: Faeelin on October 14, 2009, 09:56:26 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on October 14, 2009, 09:51:17 PM
Boy, a roomfull of people who both get that and find it funny sounds like the funnest Hallowe'en party crowd ever.

This is a law school shindig, right? :unsure:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

Quote from: Faeelin on October 14, 2009, 06:54:31 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 14, 2009, 06:49:30 PM
Quote from: Faeelin on October 14, 2009, 02:43:28 PM
I have decided. Robert E. Lee, Sith Lord.

What?  :lol:

How are you going to mesh the two together?

I will use the Confederate uniform, and a white beard. I'll take a lightsaber and a flowing black cape. I will mutter ominously how I find your lack of faith in states' rights disturbing. And I will use my battle meditation to give rebel troops an advantage against the damnyankees.

I actually find that funny.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Faeelin

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 15, 2009, 07:25:06 AM

"Don't be so proud of this technological terror you've constructed. The ability to lay a transcontinental railroad is insignificant next to the power of a Southern gentleman."

Caliga

Quote from: Faeelin on October 14, 2009, 09:56:26 PM
I'm happy.  :mad:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

Quote from: Faeelin on October 15, 2009, 10:06:24 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on October 15, 2009, 07:25:06 AM

"Don't be so proud of this technological terror you've constructed. The ability to lay a transcontinental railroad is insignificant next to the power of a Southern gentleman."
The problem with the Robert E. Vader concept is that Lee was commanding a rebellion, not trying to destroy one. :huh:

Go as William Tecumseh Vader, or Darth Sherman.

Faeelin

Quote from: Caliga on October 16, 2009, 07:45:14 AM
The problem with the Robert E. Vader concept is that Lee was commanding a rebellion, not trying to destroy one. :huh:

Go as William Tecumseh Vader, or Darth Sherman.

Ah, but Lee was fighting for an evil state that practiced slavery, and so is anaogous to the Empire.

Caliga

Quote from: Faeelin on October 16, 2009, 07:54:33 AM
Ah, but Lee was fighting for an evil state that practiced slavery, and so is anaogous to the Empire.
But the Union did not respect states' rights much like the Empire did not respect the 'state' rights of Kashyyyk and Endor, and so is analogous to the Empire.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Caliga on October 16, 2009, 07:56:56 AM
But the Union did not respect states' rights much like the Empire did not respect the 'state' rights of Kashyyyk and Endor, and so is analogous to the Empire.

The Empire wasn't too big on Jedi or Sith, either; they put up with Vader because he could choke a bitch, so his choice of line works, just not in context. :contract:
Experience bij!

Caliga

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Caliga on October 16, 2009, 08:09:33 AM
Quote from: DontSayBanana on October 16, 2009, 08:03:28 AM
The Empire wasn't too big on Jedi or Sith, either
Wasn't Palpatine a Sith Lord?  :huh:

There's no indication anybody besides Vader and his personal guard knew about that.  The Empire used a lot of propaganda and misinformation to keep the populace and even, to an extent, the military in line.  It definitely came as a surprise to Luke and company, who were pretty damn high-ranking officers, privy to most of the intelligence information the Rebellion received.
Experience bij!

Faeelin

Quote from: DontSayBanana on October 16, 2009, 08:34:37 AM
There's no indication anybody besides Vader and his personal guard knew about that.  The Empire used a lot of propaganda and misinformation to keep the populace and even, to an extent, the military in line.  It definitely came as a surprise to Luke and company, who were pretty damn high-ranking officers, privy to most of the intelligence information the Rebellion received.

I dunno, the EU suggests that half the population of Imperial Center were sith of some degree under Palptatine.

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on October 16, 2009, 07:56:56 AM
Quote from: Faeelin on October 16, 2009, 07:54:33 AM

Man living in a wannabe-like-Lettow state has made Caliga a traitor.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Faeelin on October 16, 2009, 08:36:55 AM
I dunno, the EU suggests that half the population of Imperial Center were sith of some degree under Palptatine.

:blink: That's a new one to me.  When did this come up?
Experience bij!

Caliga