News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Van Jones Resignation

Started by jimmy olsen, September 06, 2009, 03:13:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KRonn

Seeing more about Van Jones. He said of 9/11 that "we deserved it". Said "white people poison black people"(because of pollution I think it is, or what ever else) he says on one of his videos that  I saw. And more. He wasn't railroaded, he did it to himself. Pres Obama should be glad he came and went, more quietly. But the question is how and why was he there in the first place?

Also, not many, if any, media outlets even reported on this Czar, what he was saying, believed in, until he resigned. And I have to laugh at the claim of it being a right wing conspiracy. Get over it - the Dems will do well without left wingers like this in the lime light. Don't need it, or don't need more of it. Just as the Repubs don't need right wing zealots and wack jobs.

The Minsky Moment

The fact is the guy was carefully vetted.  He had a long distinguished record for professionalism and was generally recognized as a cheery, all-American sort of guy.  Of course, there were concerns about substance abuse, rumours about his sexual preferences, and a somewhat messsy divorce, but he overcame that.  And while he never won an Oscar, he was always deserveredly one of America's favorites.

So the fault did not lie in the vetting.  No the problem - which no one could reasonably foresee - is that Van Johnson suddenly died before he could get his cabinet appointment, and this Van Jones character snuck in and assumed his identity without anyone noticing in time.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Caliga

I've got my fingers crossed that he is replaced with Van Halen. :punk:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on September 09, 2009, 10:06:35 AM
The fact is the guy was carefully vetted.  He had a long distinguished record for professionalism and was generally recognized as a cheery, all-American sort of guy.  Of course, there were concerns about substance abuse, rumours about his sexual preferences, and a somewhat messsy divorce, but he overcame that.  And while he never won an Oscar, he was always deserveredly one of America's favorites.

So the fault did not lie in the vetting.  No the problem - which no one could reasonably foresee - is that Van Johnson suddenly died before he could get his cabinet appointment, and this Van Jones character snuck in and assumed his identity without anyone noticing in time.

:D
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Caliga on September 09, 2009, 10:31:30 AM
I've got my fingers crossed that he is replaced with Van Halen. :punk:
Van Helsing would be cool. 
PDH!

Razgovory

Quote from: dps on September 08, 2009, 09:05:41 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on September 08, 2009, 08:33:40 PM
Quote from: Neil on September 08, 2009, 08:11:57 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on September 08, 2009, 08:04:59 PM
Oh.  Well that's not really a record then.  Shit GWB had gotten arrested as well (and was actually convicted of a minor thing).
Communism is no minor thing.

Communism is a red herring. 

Well, it was a red menace, but it's pretty much discredited except among mental defectives or crackheads like Fireblade.

Well it was a quote from a movie.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Minsky Moment

Now that we got this horrible Van Jones fellow out the way, hopefully we can replace him on CEQ with the kind of guy that Hans & co can get behind.

You know, someone like this guy: http://www.nytimes.com/2005/06/08/politics/08climate.html?ei=5090&en=22149dc70c0731d8&ex=1275883200&partner=rssuserland&emc=rss
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Hansmeister

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on September 09, 2009, 06:03:49 PM
Now that we got this horrible Van Jones fellow out the way, hopefully we can replace him on CEQ with the kind of guy that Hans & co can get behind.

You know, someone like this guy: http://www.nytimes.com/2005/06/08/politics/08climate.html?ei=5090&en=22149dc70c0731d8&ex=1275883200&partner=rssuserland&emc=rss

Wow, a NYTimes hatchet job, that'll convince anyone. :lol:

I'll do you one better http://news.cnet.com/8301-13578_3-10274412-38.html.  When it comes to the surpression of science you can't beat the Obamateur.

Neil

Quote from: Hansmeister on September 09, 2009, 06:20:36 PM
Quote from: The Minsky Moment on September 09, 2009, 06:03:49 PM

Wow, a NYTimes hatchet job, that'll convince anyone. :lol:

I'll do you one better http://news.cnet.com/8301-13578_3-10274412-38.html.  When it comes to the surpression of science you can't beat the Obamateur.
Reports that are skeptical of climate change should be supressed, just as those that posit an intelligent designer are.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Hansmeister

Quote from: Neil on September 09, 2009, 06:38:17 PM
Reports that are skeptical of climate change should be supressed, just as those that posit an intelligent designer are.

It's always funny how religious whackos like to claim "science" is on their side, even when reality clashes with their delusions.  Global warming advocates are like jehovah witness nutjobs, blindly following a 'proven' doomsday only to revise that date when it proves to be wrong to a new 'proven' doomsday while pretending their previous doomsday never existed.

Neil

Quote from: Hansmeister on September 09, 2009, 06:42:52 PM

It's always funny how religious whackos like to claim "science" is on their side, even when reality clashes with their delusions.  Global warming advocates are like jehovah witness nutjobs, blindly following a 'proven' doomsday only to revise that date when it proves to be wrong to a new 'proven' doomsday while pretending their previous doomsday never existed.
Well, that's the crazies.  But the majority of scientific opinion falls well short of 'apocalyptic'.  Of course, it becomes apocalyptic once it reaches the public, because the public is extremely stupid and prone to panic.

Global warming is more dangerous than sexual predators, for example.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Hansmeister

Quote from: Neil on September 09, 2009, 06:44:59 PM
Quote from: Hansmeister on September 09, 2009, 06:42:52 PM

Well, that's the crazies.  But the majority of scientific opinion falls well short of 'apocalyptic'.  Of course, it becomes apocalyptic once it reaches the public, because the public is extremely stupid and prone to panic.

Global warming is more dangerous than sexual predators, for example.
Nonsense, sexual predators actually exist, even if the threat from them is hyped up by the media.

Neil

Quote from: Hansmeister on September 09, 2009, 07:12:26 PM
Nonsense, sexual predators actually exist, even if the threat from them is hyped up by the media.
Climate change seems to exist.  The scientists think so, at least.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Neil on September 09, 2009, 08:43:39 PM
Quote from: Hansmeister on September 09, 2009, 07:12:26 PM
Climate change seems to exist.  The scientists think so, at least.

Hans' definition of science differs from you.  Science isn't science for him unless it gets an endorsement from the National Review's editorial board.
--Joan Robinson

Queequeg

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on September 09, 2009, 09:48:27 PM
Hans' definition of science differs from you.  Science isn't science for him unless it gets an endorsement from the National Review's editorial board.
It runs in the family.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."