News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Van Jones Resignation

Started by jimmy olsen, September 06, 2009, 03:13:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Hansmeister

Quote from: Razgovory on September 08, 2009, 05:11:06 PM
Quote from: Hansmeister on September 08, 2009, 05:09:18 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on September 08, 2009, 05:06:41 PM
Hey Hans, what ever happened to Claude Allen?
As usual you fail at making a point.

What happened again?
He was caught shoplifting and was fired.  It has no relevance to the Van Jones incident.

Razgovory

Quote from: Hansmeister on September 08, 2009, 05:22:46 PM

What happened again?
He was caught shoplifting and was fired.  It has no relevance to the Van Jones incident.

Was he particularly well vetted?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Hansmeister

Quote from: Razgovory on September 08, 2009, 05:52:15 PM
Quote from: Hansmeister on September 08, 2009, 05:22:46 PM

What happened again?

Was he particularly well vetted?
Did he have a record at the time he joined the WH?  No?  See, you still are too stupid to make a point.

Razgovory

I didn't think Van Jones did either.  Anyway wasn't this all brought up by the same "nobodies" with the conspiracy theories about the Presidents do good in school speech.

Hansmeister

Quote from: Razgovory on September 08, 2009, 06:18:08 PM
I didn't think Van Jones did either.  Anyway wasn't this all brought up by the same "nobodies" with the conspiracy theories about the Presidents do good in school speech.
Actually, yes.  He had a record from the Rodney King riots.  And he was well known to the Obama team who had followed his career for years.  And yet they could think of nothing wrong with bringing a nutjob whow embrace every crazy conspiracy and advocated every insane cause for the last 16 years into the WH.  But I guess it's all a matter of perspective.  If you can't find anything wrong in associating with Wright, Ayers, Dohrn, or Khalidi, why should you think that there is anything objectionable about Van Jones.  To Obama those are mainstream people.

Fireblade

Quote from: Hansmeister on September 08, 2009, 06:36:11 PM
Actually, yes.  He had a record from the Rodney King riots.  And he was well known to the Obama team who had followed his career for years.  And yet they could think of nothing wrong with bringing a nutjob whow embrace every crazy conspiracy and advocated every insane cause for the last 16 years into the WH.  But I guess it's all a matter of perspective.  If you can't find anything wrong in associating with Wright, Ayers, Dohrn, or Khalidi, why should you think that there is anything objectionable about Van Jones.  To Obama those are mainstream people.

Dude, fuck you, you're not even a real American. Take your neo-nazi ass back to Germany.

Razgovory

What was he convicted of?

derspiess

Quote from: Fireblade on September 08, 2009, 06:46:16 PMDude, fuck you, you're not even a real American. Take your neo-nazi ass back to Germany.

He's more American than you are, you Marxist traitor.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Neil

Quote from: derspiess on September 08, 2009, 06:53:17 PM
Quote from: Fireblade on September 08, 2009, 06:46:16 PMDude, fuck you, you're not even a real American. Take your neo-nazi ass back to Germany.

He's more American than you are, you Marxist traitor.
Hans has taken a person stake in the well-being of the country.  Fireblade would be more than happy to sell out his country for a taste of the Mexican leaf.

Why you people don't remove the citizenship of anyone who has used drugs is a mystery to me.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Hansmeister

Quote from: Razgovory on September 08, 2009, 06:47:08 PM

What was he convicted of?

Not convicted, but arrested. 

QuoteVan Jones is President Barack Obama's newly appointed "Green Jobs Czar."

Jones' official title is Special Advisor on Green Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation for the White House Council on Environmental Quality.

The 41-year-old Yale Law School graduate and civil rights lawyer is also the founder of California's Ella Baker Center for Human Rights, "a non-profit agency for justice, opportunities and peace."

Sounds idyllic, but Jones' past isn't so pastoral.

The Ella Baker Center was connected to STORM (Standing Together to Organize a Revolutionary Movement), a "multi-racial activist collective with Marxist influences" with which Jones was involved.

In 1992, Van Jones founded another STORM project, Bay Area PoliceWatch, a "hotline and lawyer-referral service for victims and survivors of police abuse." This is fitting, perhaps, since Jones was himself arrested and detained briefly during a protest after the Rodney King verdict that same year.

Jones told the East Bay Express in 2005:

I was a rowdy nationalist on April 28th [1992], and then the verdicts came down on April 29th. By August, I was a communist. (...)
I met all these young radical people of color – I mean really radical: communists and anarchists. And it was, like, 'This is what I need to be a part of.' I spent the next ten years of my life working with a lot of those people I met in jail, trying to be a revolutionary.
Like a character out of The Big Chill, Van Jones seems to have evolved from radical activist to Establishment insider. Perhaps only a left-wing administration incapable of recognizing irony would put a self-described communist in charge of creating jobs.

Luckily for Van Jones, and Obama's many other "Czars" with dubious credentials and troubling backgrounds, his new job was not dependent upon making it through Congressional hearings.

For more info: Earlier this week, we looked at Obama's new "Science Czar" John P. Holdren, a longtime radical whose beliefs about ecology are tinged with misanthropy

Razgovory

Oh.  Well that's not really a record then.  Shit GWB had gotten arrested as well (and was actually convicted of a minor thing).

Neil

Quote from: Razgovory on September 08, 2009, 08:04:59 PM
Oh.  Well that's not really a record then.  Shit GWB had gotten arrested as well (and was actually convicted of a minor thing).
Communism is no minor thing.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Razgovory

Quote from: Neil on September 08, 2009, 08:11:57 PM

Communism is a red herring. 

dps

Quote from: Razgovory on September 08, 2009, 08:33:40 PM
Quote from: Neil on September 08, 2009, 08:11:57 PM

Communism is a red herring. 

Well, it was a red menace, but it's pretty much discredited except among mental defectives or crackheads like Fireblade.