News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Obama is A hypnotist now?

Started by BuddhaRhubarb, September 04, 2009, 08:49:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Oexmelin on September 08, 2009, 10:44:30 AM
What Obama needs now is to single-handedly defeat an attempt to take control over Air Force One or hop into a plane and destroy invading aliens.

:lol:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

KRonn

I was curious about that Alice Deal school in previous post, so googled on it. Turns out the Dems had investigations on Bush I giving a speech. Sheesh....

http://wizbangblog.com/content/2009/09/08/democrats-investigated-and-held-hearings-about-ghw-bushs-1991-speech-to-schoolchildren.php

Democrats Investigated and Held Hearings about GHW Bush's 1991 Speech to Schoolchildren

Caliga

Quote from: Valmy on September 08, 2009, 10:43:43 AMIt is pretty bizarre to me as well.
I think it's bizarre that anyone would be foaming at the mouth over it, but like I said I found the original planned speech (assuming that's really what was planned) to be in poor taste and self-serving so I'm glad they changed it.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Malthus on September 08, 2009, 10:41:46 AM
I'll just say that the furor aroused by this event appears quite bizzare to me and I expect to most non-Americans.  :huh:

What seems bizarre to me is the classification as a "furor."  :lol:

I feel like Zoupa being told Quebeccers were *outraged* by some Brit article about their health care.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

KRonn

It's going to be a long 4 years, then an even long 4 if Obama is re-elected.  Just as long, or longer, than the Bush years.   :huh:

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on September 08, 2009, 10:47:34 AM
Quote from: Valmy on September 08, 2009, 10:43:43 AMIt is pretty bizarre to me as well.
I think it's bizarre that anyone would be foaming at the mouth over it, but like I said I found the original planned speech (assuming that's really what was planned) to be in poor taste and self-serving so I'm glad they changed it.

Bingo. Reaction against speech got it changed to something normal. America survives.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: KRonn on September 08, 2009, 10:47:16 AM
I was curious about that Alice Deal school in previous post, so googled on it. Turns out the Dems had investigations on Bush I giving a speech. Sheesh....

http://wizbangblog.com/content/2009/09/08/democrats-investigated-and-held-hearings-about-ghw-bushs-1991-speech-to-schoolchildren.php

Democrats Investigated and Held Hearings about GHW Bush's 1991 Speech to Schoolchildren

I don't see any problem calling either speech a "staged media event."  That is what it is.  But these hysterical allegations about hypnotism and corrupting children are something else.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

KRonn

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on September 08, 2009, 10:50:25 AM
Quote from: KRonn on September 08, 2009, 10:47:16 AM

I don't see any problem calling either speech a "staged media event."  That is what it is.  But these hysterical allegations about hypnotism and corrupting children are something else.
Dems probably just hadn't thought of that, or hadn't progressed that far into wacky world as yet. Until the Bush II admin, or even now in the Obama admin with the Pelosi/Reid faction.   

Valmy

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 08, 2009, 10:50:08 AM
Bingo. Reaction against speech got it changed to something normal. America survives.

But just barely.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

Faeelin

What made it weird originally?

Ed Anger

Quote from: Faeelin on September 08, 2009, 11:14:35 AM

What made it weird originally?

To me, the write the president to get his agenda passed. Just weird to me. Asshole can do his own work.

Then again, I was an awful student who didn't care about anything. I was the kid that signed all petitions with "I P Freely". Or "Super man".

Caliga

Just read the text of the speech he's delivering now.  Totally harmless.  He talks about himself too much in it tho.  DAMN EGOMANIAC  :mad:

Fate

I'm bored of him already.  :(

PALIN 2012!11

Caliga

I actually think a Palin presidency would be the most amusing four years ever.  :cool: