And we're back!

Main Menu

Obama is A hypnotist now?

Started by BuddhaRhubarb, September 04, 2009, 08:49:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hansmeister

Quote from: Fireblade on September 08, 2009, 06:53:08 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on September 08, 2009, 06:48:39 PM
Yeah and the guy who shot that abortion clinic doctor earlier this year.  I guess Hans has already forgotten.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Robert_Rudolph
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Holocaust_Memorial_Museum_shooting

Watch Hans bring up some example from the 70s.  :rolleyes:
I must have missed it when conservatives embraced the Olympic games bomber.  And the Holocaust attacker was a leftist conspiracy nut and registered Democrat.

Hansmeister

Quote from: Razgovory on September 08, 2009, 06:22:44 PM
Quote from: Hansmeister on September 08, 2009, 06:07:56 PM

Do you really want to compare the sanity level of "my team" to your team?  At least the GOP doesn't have anyone as nutty as Wright, Obama, or Van Jones.

You mean black right instead of nutty right?

Anyone the ones on your team tend shoot people when unhappy.

Uh oh, a democrat race-baiting when he can't argue a case on the merits, I never saw that one coming.  How long before I get attacked as a fascist and as unamerican?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Hansmeister on September 08, 2009, 07:17:35 PM
How long before I get attacked as a fascist and as unamerican?
Too late! :lol:

Razgovory

Quote from: Hansmeister on September 08, 2009, 07:15:57 PM
Yeah and the guy who shot that abortion clinic doctor earlier this year.  I guess Hans has already forgotten.

I must have missed it when conservatives embraced the Olympic games bomber.  And the Holocaust attacker was a leftist conspiracy nut and registered Democrat.

Lol.  I never thought of the Birther conspiracy was a leftist thing.  I do remember reading he was a poster over at freerepublic.  Didn't you used to post there?  Maybe you knew him.

The Olympics bomber was getting help from the local towns folks.  Good God fearing republicans.  So somebody embraced him.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

This is kind of funny watching Hans, FB and Raz bring out anecdotes of somebody on the other side saying or doing something wrong and talking like it discredits everything they stand for.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 08, 2009, 07:23:26 PM
This is kind of funny watching Hans, FB and Raz bring out anecdotes of somebody on the other side saying or doing something wrong and talking like it discredits everything they stand for.

Previous bad acts don't discredit an ideology.  Tell that to the Commies.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Sheilbh

Yeah this is weird.
Let's bomb Russia!

Hansmeister

The difference being that I mention the President's closest friends while they bring up some nutjobs who are neither conservatives nor embraced or defended by anyone on the right.  :lol:

Hansmeister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 08, 2009, 07:19:12 PM

I didn't know what you were talking about until I checked the other thread.  :lol:

Razgovory

Quote from: Sheilbh on September 08, 2009, 07:41:25 PM
Yeah this is weird.

Hans brings out the best in me.

Berkut

Quote from: Malthus on September 08, 2009, 11:53:57 AM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 08, 2009, 11:50:09 AM
Quote from: Malthus on September 08, 2009, 11:46:28 AM
Come come. There is an element of hysteria reported in the media, and that's what I'm commenting on - not the reaction of "Americans" as a whole, whom I assume mostly could not give a shit.

There's always going to be a few people getting worked up over very little; surely, that's not merely an American phenomenon.

I'm not claiming that Americans are solely and uniquely suceptible.  :huh:

I'm just pointing out that Obama, for whatever reason, appears to be arousing a degree of worked-upness (if that's a term) that seems unusual.

Certainly non-American figures have done that in the past and will in the future. I wasn't making a commentary on the nature of Americans, insulting Americans, or whatever.

I don't think he is unusual at all. If anything, the opposition is less worked up over him than they were over Clinton, and less than the Dems were over Bush - by a wide margin.

In fact, the Presidents that there isn't this level of nastiness towards by the opposition are the unusual ones, I think.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

dps

Quote from: Hansmeister on September 08, 2009, 07:56:40 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 08, 2009, 07:19:12 PM

I didn't know what you were talking about until I checked the other thread.  :lol:

Dude, you pretty much get attacked as a fascist in every thread, even the ones that aren't remotely political, like the NFL preseaon thread or the "what are you eating now" thread.

Razgovory

Quote from: Berkut on September 08, 2009, 08:39:51 PM
Quote from: Malthus on September 08, 2009, 11:53:57 AM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 08, 2009, 11:50:09 AM
Quote from: Malthus on September 08, 2009, 11:46:28 AM
Come come. There is an element of hysteria reported in the media, and that's what I'm commenting on - not the reaction of "Americans" as a whole, whom I assume mostly could not give a shit.

There's always going to be a few people getting worked up over very little; surely, that's not merely an American phenomenon.

I'm not claiming that Americans are solely and uniquely suceptible.  :huh:

I'm just pointing out that Obama, for whatever reason, appears to be arousing a degree of worked-upness (if that's a term) that seems unusual.

Certainly non-American figures have done that in the past and will in the future. I wasn't making a commentary on the nature of Americans, insulting Americans, or whatever.

I don't think he is unusual at all. If anything, the opposition is less worked up over him than they were over Clinton, and less than the Dems were over Bush - by a wide margin.

In fact, the Presidents that there isn't this level of nastiness towards by the opposition are the unusual ones, I think.

BS.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Berkut on September 08, 2009, 08:39:51 PM

It's still early.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Fireblade

Quote from: Hansmeister on September 08, 2009, 07:15:57 PM

Actually, just put that after all of Hansies posts.