British citizen creates national uproar in Quebec

Started by viper37, September 04, 2009, 04:08:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

saskganesh

humans were created in their own image

Syt

QuoteAnd nor should all of Canada be judged on Quebec, which is full of idealistic, language-Nazi lunatics.
:lol:

I :wub: Clarkson.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Razgovory

Wow 300 bucks?  Man the same procedure would put you back about 1,500 here.  If you had the insurance for it you'd also do about a dozen scans as well. 

"Well you legs broken, but at least you don't have lung cancer".
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Martinus

[grallon]I'm surprised Her Majesty's government tolerates the absolute refusal to assimilate on behalf of these filthy dirty Neanderthals. They should be given a simple choice: either learn English and behave like a proper Westerner or get shipped off to whatever shithole in France you came from. [/grallon]

Martinus

Quote from: Viking on September 04, 2009, 07:28:58 PM
When you speak German to a Francophone they usually learn English pretty damn quickly.

Yeah but then again French people are prone to capitulating in the presence of Germans.

Martinus

Quote from: Zoupa on September 05, 2009, 12:09:20 AM
I love how he's all upset about the folks speaking french  :huh:

LOL is this what you read from this article? The doctor spoke English to other people yet snobbishly refused to speak English to a distressed parent of an injured child who obviously did not speak French and you interpret it as "being upset about the folks speaking french"?  :lol:

Martinus

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 04, 2009, 07:54:52 PM
Quote from: Tyr on September 04, 2009, 06:01:10 PM
More relevant to here of course; we have a positive outlook on life contrary to the negative view of many other countries.
To the British the world is a wonderful, perfect place by default. Hence any deviation there upon must be noted.
Many others though seem to believe the world to be a absolute shit hole by default and any minor improvement on that needs praising to the ends of the earth.
:huh: The British are definitely not viewed as optimists on this side of the pond.

I don't think I would call them optimists. It's more the case of having exceedingly low expectations when dealing with all the savages who are not subjects of the Queen (at least that's my experience when dealing with various Brit friends who visited Poland - they often marveled at stuff we consider crappy here :P).

Viking

Quote from: Martinus on September 05, 2009, 03:50:27 AM
Quote from: Viking on September 04, 2009, 07:28:58 PM
When you speak German to a Francophone they usually learn English pretty damn quickly.

Yeah but then again French people are prone to capitulating in the presence of Germans.

I consider that an extra benefit.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Josquius

Oh, wow, it was Clarkson, didn't notice that, I was half asleep.

He is a well known troll in Britain.
██████
██████
██████

Syt

Quote from: Tyr on September 05, 2009, 04:36:45 AM
Oh, wow, it was Clarkson, didn't notice that, I was half asleep.

He is a well known troll in Britain.

I don't always (or often) agree with him, but he is funny. He'd be a great addition to this forum. :)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

grumbler

Quote from: Martinus on September 05, 2009, 03:46:41 AM
[grallon]I'm surprised Her Majesty's government tolerates the absolute refusal to assimilate on behalf of these filthy dirty Neanderthals. They should be given a simple choice: either learn English and behave like a proper Westerner or get shipped off to whatever shithole in France you came from. [/grallon]
:face:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Iormlund

Is private care really banned in Canada?

Anyway, I don't see how it would have improved the situation. I doubt anyone would risk funding a private ER unit in the middle of nowhere.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Iormlund on September 05, 2009, 09:59:07 AM
Is private care really banned in Canada?

Anyway, I don't see how it would have improved the situation. I doubt anyone would risk funding a private ER unit in the middle of nowhere.

Yes and No.

Doctors can not charge for services provided for under the Canada Health Act (most basic services) but they can and do charge for services not covered under the act.  So, for example, I pay a premium to get services in addition to the basic services covered by the government.

Oexmelin

Quote from: grumbler on September 05, 2009, 09:45:50 AM
Quote from: Martinus on September 05, 2009, 03:46:41 AM
:face:

Indeed. Marty is really the king of analogies.
Que le grand cric me croque !