News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Marvel on ice? Marvel-Disney?

Started by viper37, September 01, 2009, 03:24:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What is your opinion on the proposed merger of Marvel&Disney?

I am positive about the future
9 (33.3%)
My childhood is raped, once more
6 (22.2%)
Is Thor really a Christian?
5 (18.5%)
I don't care / I have no opinion
7 (25.9%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Siege

Quote from: Jacob on September 01, 2009, 10:58:15 PM
Quote from: Siege on September 01, 2009, 09:18:10 PMI don't agree with that. Alpha males are by definition the males that rule over other males.

When I'm on the battlefield, I own the enemy males, I kill them, I capture them, I occupy their houses, I own their women and children. It is only the laws of the B males from my own tribe that stop me from taking what is rightfully mine, earnt by the edge of my sword.

That's reason 11th why I hate B males.

The only reason you prevail over what you call "B males" is because you have technology and superior logistics on your side.  Your so called "alpha" status would disintigrate when subjected to a well placed missile, artillery barrage or when your supply lines are cut.  You owe your petty personal victories to the nerds who perfected your tactics, your tools and who bring the support when you're in over your head.

In short, the only difference between you and your opponents is that you have better nerds on your side.  If you didn't, it be your woman, your house and life that'd be owned by your foes.

Jacob, you speak words of wisdom.
You have never spoken to me like this. ( assuming you are the same Jacob from old languish)

While I agree in general with your post, I disagree with your perception of alpha male-nist.

An Alpha-male rules regardless of the local balance of force.
In the US Army, an Alpha male is an NCO. He rules despite what the OIC (officer in charge) or CO (commanding officer) might think. An Alpha Male is the craziest and meaniest mothefucker in town. He owns the battlefield not because of how loud he yells, but because he is the FIRST into the enemy fire. He walks through fire. He wins always, from the moment he enters the fray. He is death upon his enemies. He is fearless. He is an immortal, wheather he dies accomplishing his mission or not. And you have to serve in the infantry to understand what I mean.

Yes, we have technology and superior logistics on our side. Yes, we have the better nerds on our side. But what give us victory is our willingness to fuckin DIE, before losing one of our boys in battle. Something you would never understand, because for nerds war is something played on a computer screen.

Before I go, I shall meantion your beloved "tactics".
Tactics, it is all designed by us, the rank and file US soldier,
We have a web system here in the US Army for us NCOs to share our personal experiences in war. We share what works and what doesn't. And it gets published and e-mailed to us, so we KNOW what's going on the battlefield, and what works and what doesn't.

We are the most flexible force that have ever existed in history.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Siege on September 01, 2009, 11:56:29 PM
But what give us victory is our willingness to fuckin DIE, before losing one of our boys in battle.

And so YOU die. In droves. And that makes you a pathetic pile of human materiel, ineligible to be an alpha, because you can only follow a dead man to one place.

Now please, please shut the hell up, stop spamming the rest of us with your macho crap, and go suck your thumb on your own time, because we're not here to be your own personal security blanket.
Experience bij!

Siege

Quote from: DontSayBanana on September 01, 2009, 11:42:50 PM
Hello, inferiority complex. Don't ever make the mistake of calling me a beta. You need brains and brawn to be an alpha- you ain't got one, and you're dreaming you've got the other. And that's why you're a fucking idiot in my book. I don't just respect some half-brained halfbreed with a killing fetish.

Halfbreed? I am SEFARADI from the four korners.
I am the purest heir to the olive oil.
Ok, maybe not. I am the 8th son of a 6th son.
Still, closer than you are ever going to be.
Closer than most people in humankind are ever going to be.

And besides, I don't care about the throne.
Only the guy you know as the Messiah is going to sit there.
And I am definitively not that guy, because that guy knows who he is from birth.
I am barely an instrument.
An instrument against Islam.

And so I shall live and DIE!!!!!

Siege

Quote from: DontSayBanana on September 02, 2009, 12:03:58 AM
Quote from: Siege on September 01, 2009, 11:56:29 PM
But what give us victory is our willingness to fuckin DIE, before losing one of our boys in battle.

And so YOU die. In droves. And that makes you a pathetic pile of human materiel, ineligible to be an alpha, because you can only follow a dead man to one place.

Now please, please shut the hell up, stop spamming the rest of us with your macho crap, and go suck your thumb on your own time, because we're not here to be your own personal security blanket.

Only b males call alpha males macho crap. Envy have a way to corrode peoples' souls.

Feel the blood bursting through your veins. All b males have the oportunity, maybe even the power, to become A males.
Feel the call. It is war and real power.
Only two roads in front of you.
Make your choice.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: DontSayBanana on September 01, 2009, 11:42:50 PM
Hello, inferiority complex. Don't ever make the mistake of calling me a beta. You need brains and brawn to be an alpha- you ain't got one, and you're dreaming you've got the other. And that's why you're a fucking idiot in my book. I don't just respect some half-brained halfbreed with a killing fetish.

:lmfao:

You're actually taking Siege seriously enough to take offense.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Martinus

Quote from: Neil on September 01, 2009, 07:14:26 PM
Quote from: DontSayBanana on September 01, 2009, 07:02:05 PM
Quote from: Neil on September 01, 2009, 07:00:40 PM
Why are you so gay?

I'd be less worried if he was. That's some fucked-up obsession with the teenage girls of Disney he's got going there. Downright grallonesque. :ph34r:
He must be.  We're talking comics and other man stuff, and he's talking about a TV show for little girls.  That's exactly the way homos behave.

Yeah, because nothing says a "straight man" like a muscular, good-looking but strangely single and misunderstood guy who maintains a boring facade to cover his true identity which involves wearing bright-coloured lycra and going out at night to hang out with other guys like him.

Martinus

Quote from: Jacob on September 01, 2009, 10:58:15 PM
In short, the only difference between you and your opponents is that you have better nerds on your side.  If you didn't, it be your woman, your house and life that'd be owned by your foes.

I'm pretty sure his woman is already being owned by all the willing males in the neighbourhood when he is away, what with Siegy being an eunuch and all.

Razgovory

I thought one of the major points of an Alpha male was that he could breed.  That rules Siegy out.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 02, 2009, 03:18:45 AM
:lmfao:

You're actually taking Siege seriously enough to take offense.

Taking him seriously would be too rational to describe it. Something about that moron just sets me off. It takes a special class of dumbass to try to excuse every idiotic thing he says and does as "more manly," and I'm also sick of seeing him try to put his Disney Channel jerk-off material into every thread on the front page. It makes me long for the days of Kapland's Sandbox.
Experience bij!

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Martinus on September 02, 2009, 04:39:18 AM
Why are you so gay?

I'd be less worried if he was. That's some fucked-up obsession with the teenage girls of Disney he's got going there. Downright grallonesque. :ph34r:
He must be.  We're talking comics and other man stuff, and he's talking about a TV show for little girls.  That's exactly the way homos behave.

Yeah, because nothing says a "straight man" like a muscular, good-looking but strangely single and misunderstood guy who maintains a boring facade to cover his true identity which involves wearing bright-coloured lycra and going out at night to hang out with other guys like him.
Most superheros aren't single.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

We straight men defy all stereotypes.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Larch

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 02, 2009, 11:05:19 AM
Why are you so gay?

Neil

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 02, 2009, 11:05:19 AM
DC:
Superman:  Married (Lois Lane)
Batman:  Single
Wonder Woman:  Single
Green Lantern:  Single
The Flash:  Married (Iris West Allen)
Martian Manhunter: Widowered
Aquaman:  Married (Mera)
Green Arrow:  Married (Black Canary)
The Atom:  Divorced (Jean Loring)
Hawkman:  Involved across all his reincarnations with Hawkgirl, they were originally married.
Jay Garrick:  Married (Joan Garrick)
Alan Scott:  Married (Molly Mayne)
Mister Terrific:  Widowered
Hourman:  Married (Liberty Belle)
Doctor Mid-Nite:  Single
Atom Smasher:  Single
Wildcat:  Single
Magog:  Single
Captain Marvel:  Single (dating Stargirl)
Power Girl:  Single
Blue Beetle:  Single
Booster Gold:  Single
Fire:  Single
Ice:  Single (dating Guy Gardner)
Elongated Man:  Married (Sue Dibny)
Mary Marvel:  Single
Doctor Light:  Single
Doctor Fate:  Single, although a previous Dr. Fate (Hector Hall) was married to Lyta Hall.
Captain Atom:  Divorced (Plastique)
John Stewart:  Widowered
Plastic Man:  Single
Red Tornado:  Married (Kathy Sutton)
Vixen:  Single
Zatanna:  Single
Mister Miracle:  Married (Big Barda)
Huntress:  Single
Animal Man:  Married (Ellen Baker)
Nightwing:  Single
Wally West:  Married (Linda Park-West)
Tempest:  Married (Dolphin)
Donna Troy:  Widowed (Terry Long)
Red Arrow:  Single
Beast Boy:  Single
Cyborg:  Single
Raven:  Single
Starfire:  Single
Red Robin:  Single
Secret:  Single
Spoiler:  Single
Wondergirl:  Single
Miss Martian:  Single

Seems to me that most of them are single.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Neil

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 02, 2009, 08:17:02 PM
Teen heroes shouldn't count.
Just looking at the Big Seven, four of them are currently single.

Besides, I'd give the teens credit for dating someone, as I did with Captain Marvel and Stargirl.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.