Blackwater tied to CIA assassination plot

Started by jimmy olsen, August 20, 2009, 09:58:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

citizen k

Quote from: Siege on August 30, 2009, 08:20:51 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 20, 2009, 10:03:55 AM
The CIA has assassinated plenty of people. :huh:

Not anymore, it seems.

Today, the CIA does not kill anyone, as shameful and weak as it may sound.

He would disagree.

Baitullah Mehsud    c. 1974 – August 23, 2009

Martinus

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Martinus on August 31, 2009, 05:34:08 AM
So, they killed a hairy mushroom man?

Yes. Awesome. Unfortunately the princess was in another castle.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Hansmeister on August 21, 2009, 07:46:29 PM
WTF are people talking about?  This is the money quote from the article:

QuoteExecutives from Blackwater, which has generated controversy because of its aggressive tactics in Iraq, helped the spy agency with planning, training and surveillance.

Read on: "It is unclear whether the C.I.A. had planned to use the contractors to capture or kill Qaeda operatives, or just to help with training and surveillance" 

QuoteThe C.I.A. spent several million dollars on the program, which did not capture or kill any terrorist suspects.

That's sheilbh's point.  The fact they were incompetent is not a defense to the policy, whatever the policy was.

The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Hansmeister

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on September 02, 2009, 09:29:09 AM
Quote from: Hansmeister on August 21, 2009, 07:46:29 PM
WTF are people talking about?  This is the money quote from the article:

QuoteExecutives from Blackwater, which has generated controversy because of its aggressive tactics in Iraq, helped the spy agency with planning, training and surveillance.

Read on: "It is unclear whether the C.I.A. had planned to use the contractors to capture or kill Qaeda operatives, or just to help with training and surveillance" 

QuoteThe C.I.A. spent several million dollars on the program, which did not capture or kill any terrorist suspects.

That's sheilbh's point.  The fact they were incompetent is not a defense to the policy, whatever the policy was.
SInce Blackwater wasn't apparently hired to capture or kill terrorists it would've been strange if they had.  It would be highly unusual, to say the least, if you'd killed some terrorists while running a training exercise.

The Minsky Moment

According that that article , we still don't know exactly what they were hired to do
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson