Blackwater tied to CIA assassination plot

Started by jimmy olsen, August 20, 2009, 09:58:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on August 20, 2009, 12:03:10 PM
Ed Anger killing Timmy and burying his corpse in Cal's backyard is a simple murder. :contract:

the woods are usually better dumping grounds for corpses. A little chemical cocktail, some trashbags, an 8 foot+ hole and voila! Easy body burying.

Not that I'd ever hurt timmay. His feelings, maybe.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Admiral Yi

Quote from: DGuller on August 20, 2009, 12:53:15 PM
Against all black ops that the government is prohibited from conducting.
AFAIK that's only assassinating heads of government.

HVC

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 20, 2009, 12:55:56 PM
Ed Anger killing Timmy and burying his corpse in Cal's backyard is a simple murder. :contract:

the woods are usually better dumping grounds for corpses. A little chemical cocktail, some trashbags, an 8 foot+ hole and voila! Easy body burying.

Don't use too much lyme, it actually preserves the body... just saying :whistle:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Ed Anger

Quote from: HVC on August 20, 2009, 01:15:20 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on August 20, 2009, 12:55:56 PM

Don't use too much lyme, it actually preserves the body... just saying :whistle:

My recipe is a secret.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Sheilbh

Quote from: KRonn on August 20, 2009, 11:17:36 AM
I'm thinking the govt hired them to do other work that would be harder to link to the US govt, targeting AQ, probably in neutral countries, so that the US govt isn't seen as doing it if they used CIA or soldiers.
Like you and DG I have problems with them.

However, I've got to take issue with this.  I can't imagine anything easier to link to the US government than a group of Blackwater guys.  That would increase my suspicion the US were involved more than if the assassins arrived flying on the President's plane :p
Let's bomb Russia!

DontSayBanana

Initial reaction? I'd like to see Blackwater escape the "mercenary" moniker now. :D
Experience bij!

derspiess

Quote from: DGuller on August 20, 2009, 12:36:10 PM
The problem is that there is a good reason we don't want our government to do dirty business, in spirit and not just in letter.

I really, really admire your moral clarity.  But it's rather naive to think that we won't need to do "dirty business" every once in a while.  And sometimes we'll need to work with people who do not have a completely spotless past. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on August 20, 2009, 12:38:00 PM
Dirty deeds done outrageously expensively?

Outsourcing ain't always cheap.  Especially if the vendor knows you can't do it yourself.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Sheilbh

Quote from: derspiess on August 21, 2009, 10:33:16 AM
I really, really admire your moral clarity.  But it's rather naive to think that we won't need to do "dirty business" every once in a while.  And sometimes we'll need to work with people who do not have a completely spotless past.
The problem America always has when dealing with people who aren't completely spotless, from friendly dictators to mercenaries, is that you have an unerring ability to pick the least competent :(
Let's bomb Russia!

derspiess

Quote from: Sheilbh on August 21, 2009, 10:38:35 AM
The problem America always has when dealing with people who aren't completely spotless, from friendly dictators to mercenaries, is that you have an unerring ability to pick the least competent :(

See, now *that* is a legitimate point.  I think you overstated it a bit, but it's not totally baseless.

Admiral Yi

Sure, that's the standard British conceit. :)

Sheilbh

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 21, 2009, 11:26:18 AM
Sure, that's the standard British conceit. :)
True, I don't think Britain's any better at that.  But then I think that part of the reason we're bad at it is that we're democracies.  We can't keep the dirty stuff hidden forever and we'll never be as good at it as unpleasant regimes.  Because of that I think we should do it very rarely.
Let's bomb Russia!

Valmy

Quote from: Sheilbh on August 21, 2009, 11:37:23 AM
True, I don't think Britain's any better at that.  But then I think that part of the reason we're bad at it is that we're democracies.  We can't keep the dirty stuff hidden forever and we'll never be as good at it as unpleasant regimes.  Because of that I think we should do it very rarely.

Well you guys ran a world wide empire with a tiny army so must have been pretty good at dirty dealings at one point.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Hansmeister

WTF are people talking about?  This is the money quote from the article:

QuoteExecutives from Blackwater, which has generated controversy because of its aggressive tactics in Iraq, helped the spy agency with planning, training and surveillance. The C.I.A. spent several million dollars on the program, which did not capture or kill any terrorist suspects.

All they did was the same type of support services they provided to the military and people are going nutso with conspiracy theories.  Just more proof that the left is still totally unhinged from reality.

Siege

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 20, 2009, 10:03:55 AM
The CIA has assassinated plenty of people. :huh:

Not anymore, it seems.

They lost their teeth during the Clinton administration.

Today, the CIA does not kill anyone, as shameful and weak as it may sound.

There was a reason why they tried to hire Blackwater. They don't know how to kill anymore.
They fired their operators, and retained their operatives. If you can tell the diference.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"