News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Burn in hell, Steve Ballmer

Started by MadImmortalMan, May 05, 2009, 10:32:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Caliga

Quote from: Razgovory on October 20, 2009, 01:25:52 PM
Maybe she just got laid.
Oddly enough I didn't think of this joke at the time that I posted.  :huh:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

DGuller

My mom got laid off twice from the same company, as her departments kept getting cut or outsourced.  She's going for a hat-trick now.

Caliga

Speaking of Microsoft, our SAN has been down literally all day and Microsoft has been unsuccessfully trying to help our infrastructure dudes diagnose and correct the problem.  Last I heard, MS had no idea what the problem even was.  :huh:

derspiess

Quote from: DGuller on October 20, 2009, 03:11:41 PM
My mom got laid off twice from the same company, as her departments kept getting cut or outsourced.  She's going for a hat-trick now.

It'd be cool if the value of your severance packages kept multiplying each time you got laid off from the same company :D
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Caliga on October 20, 2009, 03:21:07 PM
Speaking of Microsoft, our SAN has been down literally all day and Microsoft has been unsuccessfully trying to help our infrastructure dudes diagnose and correct the problem.  Last I heard, MS had no idea what the problem even was.  :huh:

MSFT's iSCSI initiator driver is fuxx0rred in win server 2003. That's the most common thing. It's much better in 2008 though.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: derspiess on October 20, 2009, 03:23:20 PM
Quote from: DGuller on October 20, 2009, 03:11:41 PM

It'd be cool if the value of your severance packages kept multiplying each time you got laid off from the same company :D

In our case, there was a clause that said you had to pay it back if you got hired back during the amount of severance time you were paid. She got hired back just after that period expired though.  :lol:
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Caliga

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on October 20, 2009, 03:35:50 PM
MSFT's iSCSI initiator driver is fuxx0rred in win server 2003. That's the most common thing. It's much better in 2008 though.
We have 2008.

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Caliga on October 20, 2009, 03:21:07 PM
That's better than having a few Sunfire x4500's and trying to figure out ZFS and an AC in the server room that maintains things at a pleasant 78 degrees, 56% humidity. 
PDH!

Eddie Teach

Quote from: DontSayBanana on May 06, 2009, 10:31:34 PM
Now I'm REALLY annoyed that I don't feel like spamming up the place with facepalm pictures. Google Steve Ballmer, don't even click on the Wikifail link, but just look at the flavor text that comes with the result.

You're such a tech nerd to think that should be common knowledge.  :rolleyes:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 20, 2009, 06:37:06 PM
You're such a tech nerd to think that should be common knowledge.  :rolleyes:

Sadly, yes.  I just found out last night that S used me as an "opinion leader" for a paper in her marketing class because of how nerdy I am. :blush:
Experience bij!

Duque de Bragança

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.