And we're back!

Main Menu

[sexbox] I Want a Sexbox 360

Started by Barrister, August 27, 2009, 05:03:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Quote from: Valmy on August 28, 2009, 10:03:09 AM
Mass Effect.

And then you can get Dragon Age and Mass Effect 2 when they come out.  Support Canadian games!  :Canuck:

In support of Canada, you can also buy Assassin's Creed 1 & 2, Batman Arkham Asylum (don't listen to them, half of it was made in Montreal), Lost : Via Domus (Support me!), Avatar, Spiderman 3.

and you know, any EA Sports  game.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

derspiess

Quote from: Barrister on August 28, 2009, 10:50:26 AM
Should that really be an issue by now?

DIdn't the jasper XBoxes come out in the spring?

Doesn't make a huge difference to me personally, but the Jasper boxes do consume less power and are supposedly less susceptible to the RROD.  But the huge MS warranty (plus the fact that I keep my Xbox in a well-ventilated area) makes me not worry much about the RROD.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Grey Fox

I think he meant finding Jasper boxes in elite form.

Jaron

I've only broken one xbox so far. Wasn't your box a refurbie/used spiess? Hows it holding up?
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Barrister

No, I mean that what are the odds of any pre-Jasper Elites even remaining on store shelves?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Caliga

I tried to get a Jasper but ended up with the iteration right before Jasper.  I haven't had any problems except for one weird thing where my power went out and the Xbox wouldn't turn on thereafter.  I had to unplug the power brick from the back of the unit and then plug it back in.  It turned on fine once I did that.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

DisturbedPervert

derspiess

Quote from: Barrister on August 28, 2009, 01:21:56 PM
No, I mean that what are the odds of any pre-Jasper Elites even remaining on store shelves?

Ah, got it.  Apparently there are quite a few still out there (for both Pro and Elite).  As I said, the only way get a Jasper for sure is to get an arcade with the 512mb of internal storage.  Otherwise it's YMMV unless you can get the merchant to swear it's a Jasper.

But again, I do think the Jasper thing is a little overblown.  All things equal, is it better to have one?  Yeah.  But it's probably not worth losing any sleep over.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Seen

So after considering the other option and its most recent firmware update (ps3) I caved and went for the xbox.

Must say im already a bit annoyed. I wanted it as a multimedia system plug and play with windows but for some reason a wired xbox doesnt communicate well with a wireless PC. Ergo I need to buy the separately sold wlan adapter (Since then they are "in the same network" (???))

To compare I could have bought a PS3 already having that wireless, blu ray, free PS network, games, bigger HD and more cpu for 10 euro's more.

It is that im a lazy dut and will stick with my purchase but I hope after another bucket of money it will be the system I bought it for. Good thing Dead Rising 2 is on the horizon  :P

Caliga

Dude, no.  You don't *need* to buy their drastically overpriced network adapter.  It's possible to jury-rig one from a cheapo Linksys router, which is what I did.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Grey Fox

If you think it would also have been easy on a ps3, you are mistaken.

Seen

Quote from: Caliga on September 06, 2009, 07:12:18 PM
Dude, no.  You don't *need* to buy their drastically overpriced network adapter.  It's possible to jury-rig one from a cheapo Linksys router, which is what I did.
O thats very good news. Almost bought it today but was too disgusted by the price  :D

So I just get any linksys router and there is a trick that will make it work?

derspiess

Quote from: Seen on September 07, 2009, 06:36:14 PM
So I just get any linksys router and there is a trick that will make it work?

I would try to focus on a Linksys WRT54G or any variation (WRT54GL, etc.).  They should be cheap, and I'm guessing they're still available.  Install the third party DD-WRT or Tomato firmware & then make some fairly simple changes in the configuration. 

Or if you're nervous about playing around with router firmware & don't want to mess with any settings, there are some fairly cheap "wireless bridge" type devices out there that will do the same thing out of the box..