News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

[sexbox] I Want a Sexbox 360

Started by Barrister, August 27, 2009, 05:03:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Grey Fox on August 28, 2009, 10:57:21 AM
In support of Canada, you can also buy Assassin's Creed 1 & 2, Batman Arkham Asylum (don't listen to them, half of it was made in Montreal), Lost : Via Domus (Support me!), Avatar, Spiderman 3.

and you know, any EA Sports  game.

Ok I meant support good Canadian games.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Seen

Quote from: derspiess on September 08, 2009, 10:08:57 AM
Quote from: Seen on September 07, 2009, 06:36:14 PM
So I just get any linksys router and there is a trick that will make it work?

I would try to focus on a Linksys WRT54G or any variation (WRT54GL, etc.).  They should be cheap, and I'm guessing they're still available.  Install the third party DD-WRT or Tomato firmware & then make some fairly simple changes in the configuration. 

Or if you're nervous about playing around with router firmware & don't want to mess with any settings, there are some fairly cheap "wireless bridge" type devices out there that will do the same thing out of the box..

Found one second hand WRT54GL for 30 euro. Thats definitly better than the 80 euro ripoff Microsoft was pulling on me.  :)

grumbler

Woot (http://www.woot.com/) has a refurbished Linksys WGA-600N for $38 delivered, if anyone needs one.  Today only, of course, just like all Woots.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Korea

Do you like turn based RPGs? If you do then you should play Lost Odyssey. It's really pretty and fun.
I want my mother fucking points!

Scipio

ANy 360 Elite bought between Sept 22 and OCt 5 has a $50.00 MIR from Microsoft.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/360eliterebate/default.htm
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

derspiess

Quote from: Scipio on September 25, 2009, 07:28:41 AM
ANy 360 Elite bought between Sept 22 and OCt 5 has a $50.00 MIR from Microsoft.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/360eliterebate/default.htm

I think Dell is also running a special that gets it to you for like $215 after rebate.  Microcenter (if you're lucky to have one nearby), gives you a $50 store gift card, which effectively makes it $200 after rebate assuming you're likely to spend $50 at Microcenter in the future.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Barrister

Buying a 360 today.  I will look around for a wireless router of some sort.

But since I'm not really into online gaming, and just want to be able to access updates periodically, can I just make a wired connection by moving the xbox to where the computer is?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Barrister on September 26, 2009, 12:12:05 PM
Buying a 360 today.  I will look around for a wireless router of some sort.

But since I'm not really into online gaming, and just want to be able to access updates periodically, can I just make a wired connection by moving the xbox to where the computer is?

Yep. it comes with a cable. I'd say about 10 feet or so.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Barrister

Ed Anger

At least it did 3 years ago. Haven't poked through a box recently.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Barrister

Bought a 360 Elite.  Came with wireless router in the box.

But man - they don't make connecting very easy...

Also - I suck at Halo.   :Embarrass:

Barrister

The sexbox is connected.

Also, when I asked my wife about buying it, she said "is that the one you can play guitar hero on"? :shifty:

So in addition to the Sexbox and NCAA 2010, I also walked out of EBGames with GHWT. :ph34r:

Barrister

43 Minutes estimated to install updates to XBox Live? :bleeding:

And I don't suppose I'll get any sympathy here for the fact that the XBox won't sync with a Mac?

Neil

Quote from: Korea on September 22, 2009, 10:31:30 AM
Do you like turn based RPGs? If you do then you should play Lost Odyssey. It's really pretty and fun.
I do like those.  I will take your suggestion under advisement.

I'm playing Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2.  Because comics are cool.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.