News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Girl taken in 1991 surfaces; couple held

Started by viper37, August 27, 2009, 03:33:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Darth Wagtaros

I did enjoy it when Sci Fi ran older shows, especially the older cartoons.  Some nostalgia value. Though when they started the five hour blocks of short run series and just kept running them over and over, it got old.  Right now most of what they have is filler. 
PDH!

jimmy olsen

Wow, creepy.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/2009/09/06/2009-09-06_jaycee_freak_wrote_sick_love_songs_to_little_kids.html

QuoteSicko Phillip Garrido, accused of abducting Jaycee Lee Dugard, recorded creepy love songs in prison

BY Christina Boyle
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Sunday, September 6th 2009, 4:00 AM

The sicko accused of abducting Jaycee Lee Dugard recorded creepy love songs about young girls, showing his twisted fascination with children began long before the 1991 kidnapping.

"The way she walks, yeah, subtle, sexy. What can I do?" Phillip Garrido croons down the microphone in one of 20 songs on the two CDs.

"I fall victim too. A little child, yeah, look what you do."

Phillip Garrido's former business associate, Marc Lister, came forward with the CDs Friday after finding them in storage.

He said he was given the tracks several years ago because the deranged man had hopes of making it in the music industry - and Lister had connections.

He told Lister he wrote them while in a federal lockup in 1976 for the kidnap and rape of another woman.

"For every little girl in the world, they want to be in love, yeah. Please tell me that you want me," Garrido sings in another song on the album, which also features him playing bass.

"The language, the lyrics, they're suggestive and they're provocative in a lot of the songs," Lister told the San Francisco Chronicle.

"When he gave them to me, he said, 'Someday, these are going to be worth millions,' and I just thought, 'Well, Phil's just being weird again,'" Lister said.

Garrido, 58, is accused of snatching 11-year-old Jaycee from South Lake Tahoe in 1991 and fathering her two children.

His wife, Nancy Garrido, 54, has also been charged in connection with the alleged crimes. Both have pleaded not guilty.

Lister, a former glass shop owner from Antioch, Calif., said he knew Garrido for 15 years. He received the songs several years ago, and listened to them without paying close attention to the lyrics before putting them in storage.

"I will tell you about the only one," Garrido sings. "She's a dream, dream come true....with a note saying you're my baby blue."

Lister said he wanted to share the lyrics with law enforcement and raise money from the songs to benefit abused women.

He also visited the Garridos' home on Walnut Ave., where Jaycee was held captive for 18 years, several times and had met her and her two daughters.

"There was absolutely nothing that I saw that would have raised suspicion," Lister said.

Jaycee "always looked healthy to me," he said.

The elderly mother of sicko Phillip Garrido said she was told the girl her son held captive for 18 years - Jaycee Lee Dugard - and the two girls he fathered with her were her granddaughters.

Patricia Garrido, 88, told London's Sunday Mirror newspaper that her son introduced Dugard as "Allissa," his daughter by a former lover.

Garrido told his mother that the two daughters he fathered with Dugard - now 15 and 11 - also were from a previous relationship.

"I don't remember how her two little girls came to be there, but I thought they were Phillip's. He told me they were all his children," Patricia Garrido said.

She said she was unaware her son allegedly kidnapped Dugard until last month when police raided Garrido's California home.

"I didn't know she was being kept there against her will. I was in my bed, and all I knew was this smiley girl who came to see me," Patricia Garrido said.

"She always seemed happy to be there. I thought she was my granddaughter. I don't know what's happened to her now, but I love her. I hope she's okay."
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 06, 2009, 10:59:58 AM
The sicko accused of abducting Jaycee Lee Dugard

Christina Boyle is a true professional and an inspiration to us all. -_-
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Korea

Quote from: Caliga on September 01, 2009, 12:18:02 PM
:lol: I actually saw someone mention it in an article comment, but I independently verified it before I reposted here.  ;)

I don't see anything.  :huh:
I want my mother fucking points!

Korea

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 01, 2009, 08:56:06 PM
Quote from: Jaron on September 01, 2009, 06:19:55 PM
That was awful.

"How was he able to consummate that?"

"You mean how did he handcuff me?"

"No, how did he RAPE you."
I'm not going to put myself through the torment of watching Larry King. Did he really say that Caliga?
Yes. Yes he did.   :blink: She really did handle it well and kind of just let it slide by.

Habbaku

Well, with extensive experience dealing with one creepy, old man, I suppose she was prepared for anything from another one.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Habbaku on September 06, 2009, 12:23:13 PM
Well, with extensive experience dealing with one creepy, old man, I suppose she was prepared for anything from another one.
Since the rape took place in 1976 Garrido wasn't an old man then.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

jimmy olsen

Wow, guy has chutzpah.

http://www.theage.com.au/world/kidnapper-garrido-told-wife-to-take-cute-girl-20090906-fcqz.html
QuoteKidnapper Garrido told wife to take 'cute' girl
PHILIP SHERWELL, ANTIOCH, CALIFORNIA
September 7, 2009

New testimony sheds light on couple's predatory methods.

PHILLIP Garrido selected the pretty blonde girl with the gap-toothed grin as his prey during a ''child shopping'' trip because she looked cute, his wife, Nancy, has told police in California.

But the couple decided not to try to snatch 11-year-old Jaycee Dugard that day in June 1991 because she was walking through South Lake Tahoe with a group of school friends.

Instead, they apparently followed her home before returning the next morning to complete their horrific mission. Mrs Garrido allegedly jumped out of their car and grabbed the girl as she walked to a nearby bus stop while her husband stayed behind the wheel.

She has described the chilling precision that went into the abduction as prosecutors put together the case for multiple charges of kidnapping and rape against the husband and wife. ''That's the one I want,'' Garrido told her when he saw Jaycee in the resort town. ''She's cute, but she's with the other kids. Let's come back later and get her.''

Lawyer and former prosecutor Michael Cardoza revealed the planning after being briefed on Mrs Garrido's testimony by law enforcement contacts at the weekend.

''This was nothing less than a child shopping trip,'' Mr Cardoza said. ''It just makes their actions all the more horrendous and reprehensible.''

Mrs Garrido's version of how Jaycee was snatched throws more light on the advice her husband gave a decade later to a child safety campaigner for whom he was printing a kidnap prevention fact sheet.

''Phillip offered a couple of suggestions if we were updating the leaflet,'' said Janice Gomes, who set up the National Community Empowerment Program after one of her daughters was molested three decades ago.

''He said, 'Children should never walk to a bus stop by themselves. They are no match for an adult, so there should always be an adult with them.''

Garrido also dismissed the theory of ''safety in numbers'' for a group of unaccompanied children, telling her that a determined attacker could always pick off one of the bunch.

''It just seemed like sensible advice that children should always be in the company of an adult, even if you think they are safe,'' Mrs Gomes said.

Garrido, now 58, was printing the fliers from the business he ran in the same backyard in Antioch that was home to Jaycee - and by then the two daughters he allegedly fathered after repeated rapes.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Korea

Quote from: Caliga on September 06, 2009, 01:42:42 PM
Quote from: Korea on September 06, 2009, 12:00:52 PM
I don't see anything.  :huh:
Maybe they took it down.  :huh:
I dunno. But I couldn't see a backyard or pedo van. I could be blind though.

jimmy olsen

1 Karma Chameleon point

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 06, 2009, 10:59:58 AM

"When he gave them to me, he said, 'Someday, these are going to be worth millions,' and I just thought, 'Well, Phil's just being weird again,'" Lister said.

[/quote]

Yeah, that wacky weirdo with his songs and underage prisoner! Lister must have had quite the stories on bowling night
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Neil

I'm really enjoying the frenzy on this one.  The paranoia of the ignorant amuses me.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Korea